Do you want to enroll at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) is a federal university in Bauchi, in the north-east of Nigeria. The university is named after the sole state leader of the Government Republic of Nigeria, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Doctrina Mater Artium is the motto of the university, which translates to “Education is the mama of the practical trades.”
The university was established in 1980 under the name Federal University of Technology, Bauchi. In October. In October 1982, the School of Science and Science Education began offering degree programs.
The academic pattern of the university was formulated in 1980 after discussion with subject experts from Nigeria, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The university offers degrees through seven seminaries: the School of Engineering, Science, Environmental Technology, Agriculture, Management Technology, the School of Technology Education and College of Medical lores. It offers entry position bachelorette’s degrees and both Masters and Doctorate degrees.
The Federal University of Technology (FUT), Bauchi, which is now known as the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), was founded in 1980 and is situated in the northeastern region of Nigeria.
The first Pro-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor of the university were Dr. Jerome Udoji, and the first Registrar was Alh. Adamu Aliyu.
Each academy is headed by a Dean/ Provost who reports directly to the Vice Chancellor.
The Bad habit Chancellor is the managerial top of the college. The University’s Governing Council makes the recommendation to the Federal Ministry of Education for the appointment of the Vice Chancellor.
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University List Of Courses Offered
Courses offered at Abubakar tafabalewa university are listed below:
- Animal Production
- Applied Botany
- Automobile Technology Education
- Automobile Engineering
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Education
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Ecology
- Applied Geology
- Applied Zoology
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Design
- Information Technology
- Library and Information Science
- Management Technology
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer And Communication Engineering
- Computer Science
- Crop Production
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Science
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Electrical / Electronics Education
- Environmental Management Technology
- Estate Management
- Mechatronics And System Engineering
- Medicine and Surgery
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics and Applied Physics
- Quantity Surveying
- Secretarial Education
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Woodwork / Education
- Metalwork Technology Education
- Woodwork Technology Education
- Building Technology Education
- Petrochemical Engineering
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Admission Requirements
Below applying to the university, it is important you know the admission requirements of the school. Below is the admission requirements of the school:
- A minimum of 5 credits in the elderly Secondary Certificate Examinations( SSCE/ GCE) Ordinary position Credits in an outside of 2 sittings.For your course, you should choose the suitable Pillar subject mix.
- Candidates must earn a minimum score of 160 on the recently concluded JAMB UTME exam in order to be admitted to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University. ATBU must always be your first choice of college.
- You Must take part in ATBU POST UTME to be considered for admission if any for the time.
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
Requirements for Direct Entry Admission:
The following are the requirements for Direct Entry candidates admission to ATBU:
- A minimum of 5 credits in the early Secondary Certificate Examinations( SSCE/ GCE) O level Credits in an outside of 2 sittings.
- Candidates must have ‘ A ’ position/ IJMB passes in two subjects that are related to their area of study.
Direct entry Candidates are expected to purchase the ATBU Direct Section structure through the Joint Affirmation and Registration Board( Support) And ATBU Entry. a National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or other Advanced Level test score of at least Merit.
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Cut-Off Mark
At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), the cut-off mark for all under-graduate degree courses is 170.
The degree is only open to candidate with a minimum GPA of 170.
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Hostel Accommodation
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) provides hostel accommodation to both undergraduate students and post graduate students of the school. The hostel accommodation fees varies depending on the room you are going for.
Below is the break down of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University hostel accommodation fees:
- N15,000 for each bed space for Block’ C’ hostel and N20,000 for every bed space for Block’D & E’ hotel.
- Yelwa Lot cost N15,000
- Gubi Campus Self Contained cost N30,09000
- Gubi Self Contained with detached restroom cost N25,09000
- Clinical scholars Hostel cost N75,09000
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University School Fees
The management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) has announced the school fees of the school. The school fees varies depending on the course of study.
The current school fees break down of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi is provided below for both the old and returning students.
2023/2024 Acad. SESSION i.e Spill over only
2023/2024 Acad. SESSION i.e 100Level 200Level (DE) and returning 300L 400L and 500L
|6||Technology Fee (ICT)||3,750.00||3,750.00||6,500.00||6,500.00|
|7||Medical Fees/Tship for Student||2,000.00||2,000.00||3,000.0||3,000.00|
|8||Semester Result Collection Fee||–||–||–||1,000.00|
|9.||Municipal Service Fee||–||–||4,000.00||4,000.00|
|11||Entry Qualification Verification||2,500.00||5,000.00|
|17||Accommodation/Hostel Maintenance Fee||5,000.00||5,00.00||12,590.00||12,590.00|