Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas in Bonny Courses and Admission Requirements
The Federal Republic of Nigeria funds, Operates, and manages the Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas in Bonny. South South Nigeria’s Rivers State is where the institution is situated. The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas wants to be known as a premier university for developing trained labor for Nigeria’s and Africa’s overall oil and gas industries. The school specializes in the Oil and Gas business and is very reasonably priced.
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Nigeria has officially authorized and/or recognized Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas Bonny, Rivers State.
The school would apply the following tried-and-true concepts in acknowledgment of the constantly changing need for highly qualified workers:
- Comprehensive, inclusive, and innovative curricula.
- Strong Vocational and hands-on training to keep up with the continually evolving needs of industry.
- High competence training using best methods from around the world
- Cooperation and joint ventures with leading universities across the world that have comparable goals and objectives to make sure that our graduates can compete on a global scale.
- In order for their products to perform at the pinnacle of their industry, practical hands-on training will be stressed across all programs, and professionalism and certifications will be an essential component of the majority of courses.
“Excellence and creativity“, the institution’s motto, shall serve as their guideline in all areas of business.
To be acknowledged as the Premier Organization in middle-level manpower development and training for the oil and gas sector in Africa.
In order to create a skilled workforce that can be used anywhere in the world, it is important to meet the middle-level manpower development needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria in particular and the West African sub-region in general. To do this, partnerships with top institutions are formed along with industry demands and community aspirations.
Integrity, excellence, quality, and community service comprise their core values.
Accredited Courses Offered in Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas
The Accredited Courses offered at Federal Academy of Oil and Gas Bonny include the following:
a. Corrosion Engineering
- Corrosion Control in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Corrosion Control in Industry and Plant
- Advanced Cathodic Protection
b. Health and Safety Training
- Job Safety Analysis and (JSA)
- Behavior-Based Safety – Confined Space Entrance (BBS)
- Basic Fire-Fighting
- -Awareness & Breathing Equipment
- Incident Investigation
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Procedure Safety (PHA)
- Hazardous Material Management
- Waste Management
- Basic Hazardous Chemical Handling
- Quality Management System
- Height-Related Work
- Supervision Safety – Human Kinetics and Manual Handling
c. Natural Gas Engineering
- Basics of Natural Gas Technology
- Gas Processing Operations
- Gas Gathering System Design and Operation
- Development of Natural Gas
- Principles and Application well Log Interpretation
- Formation Evaluation
Courses offered by Federal Poly of Oil and Gas Bonny and Requirements for Admission.
- For the Post-UTME exam and the entrance screening process, candidates must meet the cut-off mark and courses provided by Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas Bonny.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five credits in relevant disciplines, including English and math, from the GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or other recognized equivalents, earned over no more than two (2) sittings.
- In the year of admission, applicants must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
meet departmental and faculty standards before being admitted to Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas Bonny.
Oil and Gas Fedpoly, Bonny Post-UTME Application and Payment Procedure
- To change their original choice of institution to Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas Bonny, interested candidates need kindly visit a JAMB CBT Center or Cyber Café.
- Applicants are urged to post their O’level Results as soon as possible to the JAMB portal because failing to do so may reduce their chances of being admitted.
Process for Paying School Fees & Admission Fee at Federal Poly of Oil & Gas Bonny
Following the link to the student portal on the polytechnic’s website, students are cordially asked to pay their acceptance and other fees all at once.
- Go to www.fedpolybonny.edu.ng to access the Polytechnic’s website.
- Choose “student portal”
- Choose the 2022–2023 session
- New student account creation (Enter ND1 and your JAMB registration number)
- Establish a profile for your account and submit a recent passport photo.
Note: It is suggested that Candidates make a new password and maintain it carefully.
- Click on Get Acceptance Fee Invoice from the student portal account dashboard. This will display the REMITA (RRR) code (Same procedure for payment of other charges).
- Print the bills out.
- Go to the Bank to pay the twenty thousand naira ($20,000) non-refundable acceptance fee and the sixty two thousand naira ($62,000) for other expenses.
- To Create a receipt, log back into your student portal account and use the RRR number on the bank printout. Your passport photo must be on the printout.
- All registration forms, with the exception of the Admission Letter within, which will be issued by the Polytechnic Admission Office, must be printed by candidates via their student portal.