Kaduna Federal Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
In order for potential candidates to be aware of the many approved courses provided in this Polytechnic, we have compiled the official list of courses offered at Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY). We think that this article will be useful to potential applicants in helping them decide on the institution and the courses they want to enroll in.
About the Polytechnic(Kaduna Federal Polytechnic)
In Kaduna State, North-Western Nigeria, Kaduna Polytechnic is a higher education facility. It is situated in the Tudun Wada local government area. Owned by the federal government.
There are five Schools there that are currently in operation: the School of Business & Management Studies, the School of Environmental Studies, the School of Engineering, the School of Science and Technology, and the School of Administrative Studies and Social Sciences. Part-time programs are also available.
One of the first polytechnics in Nigeria was Kaduna Polytechnic, which is located in the Tudun Wada area of Kaduna South local government in Kaduna state, North Western Nigeria.
As the Kaduna Technical Institute, Kaduna Polytechnic was founded in 1956. The Federal Government Order No. 20 of 1968, which was updated by Decree No. 79 in 1979, changed its name to Kaduna Polytechnic in 1968. In accordance with Decree No. 40 of that year, the Federal Government assumed control of the institution in 1991.
The Institution was founded to offer various forms of education, training, and research in the fields of technology, the sciences, business, and the humanities as well as in-service training programs for Nigerian public service employees.
The College of Science and Technology and Staff Development Center were combined in 1968, and Survey Unit afterwards joined. At that time, these served as the foundation of its four-college system.
The polytechnic wants to make a name for itself in education and develop a solid foundation of talented graduates. It will impart moral and academic instruction to its pupils.
Kaduna Polytechnic’s Cut-off Mark
- You must achieve a certain cut-off in the UTME in order to be eligible to participate in the Kaduna Poly Post UTME screening exercise.
- For ND programs, you must score 120 or higher
- For NCE programs, you must score 100; for B.Ed.
List of Courses KADPOLY Has to Provide
For admission to the courses listed below, Kaduna Polytechnic is accepting applications from applicants who have the necessary qualifications.
- Engineering for agricultural and environmental systems
- Banking and finance
- Architectural technology
- Agricultural technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Cooperative Economics and Management
- Chemical engineering Technology
- Civil engineering technology
- Physical Engineering
- Physical Science
- Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Gastronomical Hospitality
- Engineering Management for industrial safety and environmental technology
- Tourism and leisure management
- Local Government studies
- Mass Communication through library and information science
- Mineral and petroleum
- Mechanical Engineering technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Resources Engineering Technology
- Office Management and technology
- Technology of Printing
- Public Administration
- Science laboratory technology
- Social development
- Quantity surveying
- Urban and Regional planning
- Surveying and Geo informatics
- Textiles technology
Entrance Criteria for Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY)
The general prerequisites listed below have been approved for admission to the university.
- Registration for candidates who selected Kaduna Polytechnic as their top-choice institution during the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- The applicant must get at least the institutional cut-off mark or the minimal JAMB score for the programs they are applying for.
- Moreover, candidates must get the O’level credits needed for their programs as listed in the JAMB Brochure.
- The candidate must be at least 16 years old.
- Prospective candidates who intend to enroll in Kaduna Polytechnic but did not select it during the UTME
- Registration process could do so via the JAMB website.