Do you want to enroll at NDU? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Established in 2000, NDU has developed into a premier institution of higher learning in the Niger Delta region, offering undergraduate and graduate programs across six faculties. The university prides itself on providing students a holistic learning experience focused on community, critical thinking, and career preparation.
Located in the heart of the Niger Delta, the university aims to address the unique challenges and opportunities of the region. NDU promotes academic excellence, professionalism, and entrepreneurship to equip students with the knowledge and skills to drive economic growth and social progress. The faculty are leaders in their fields, engaged in impactful research on issues such as environmental sustainability, public health, and cultural preservation.
For those seeking an affordable, high-quality education in a vibrant campus setting, NDU deserves your consideration. Their programs span disciplines as diverse as Petroleum Engineering, Mass Communication, Political Science, and Fine and Applied Arts. At NDU, you will join a growing network of scholars and professionals working together to positively transform the Niger Delta. An NDU education can prepare you to be an innovative leader and help shape the future of this dynamic region.
Niger Delta University is located in Wilberforce Island, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. It was established in 2000 and has grown into a prominent university in southern Nigeria. The university has over 15,000 students across six colleges – Arts, Education, Management Sciences, Science, Social Sciences and College of Health Sciences.
To gain admission into Niger Delta University, you must meet the minimum entry requirements set by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. This includes attaining the minimum cutoff score for your course of choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. The admission process is competitive, so aim for scores well above the cutoff.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degrees. Areas of study include Accounting, Agriculture, Computer Science, Law, Marketing, Mass Communication, Public Health and Zoology. Lectures and course materials cover contemporary topics in a balanced manner.
On-campus accommodation and shuttle services are available for students. The university also has numerous clubs and societies you can join to broaden your experience, as well as a health center for any medical needs.
Overall, Niger Delta University provides high quality and affordable education with modern facilities. Graduates of the institution are well-equipped with the knowledge and skills to become leaders and positively impact the Niger Delta region. Attending this university can open up many opportunities.
NDU List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at NDU:
- ADULT & COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- AGRICULTURAL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- AGRIC-EXTENSION & RURAL SOCIOLOGY
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE & EDUCATION
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
- CROP PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION & HISTORY
- EDUCATION & INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION ARTS
- EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- FINE ART/FINE & APPLIED ARTS
- GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HISTORY & DIPLOMACY
- HUMAN ANATOMY
- HUMAN KINETICS
- HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- MARINE ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MATHEMATICS/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- MEDICINE & SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- OFFICE & INFORMATION MANGEMENT
- OFFICE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
- PURE & APPLIED CHEMISTRY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SOCIOLOGY & ANTHROPOLOGY
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
- VOCATIONAL & INDUSTRIAL EDUCATION
NDU Admission requirements
To be admitted to Niger Delta University, you must meet the following requirements:
NDU Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to NDU in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the NDU post UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to NDU
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
NDU Admission Requirements by Direct Entry:
Candidates seeking direct admission to NDU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
The application process to gain admission into NDU typically involves the following steps:
- Purchase the University’s admission form online at the official website or designated bank branches.
- Complete and submit the admission form, ensuring all required information and documents are provided before the deadline. This includes a copy of your credentials, birth certificate, and passport photograph.
- Take the necessary admission screening test, such as UTME. Meet the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Check admission status on the University website and proceed to accept your offer if admitted.
- Present yourself for screening and registration at the stipulated date with all original credentials.
- Proceed to undertake a medical examination at the University Medical Center.
- Complete your registration by paying the necessary tuition fees.
By meeting the admission criteria and following the application process, you stand a good chance of gaining admission into NDU to pursue your desired undergraduate or postgraduate program. Good luck!