Do you want to enroll at NSUK? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK) is a public university located in Keffi, Nasarawa State, central Nigeria. Established in 2001, NSUK aims to promote excellence in teaching, research and community service.
The university has five faculties: Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences and Faculty of Social Sciences. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs leading to the award of degrees in various academic disciplines.
Admission into NSUK is gained through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry. The UTME is taken by secondary school leavers, while the Direct Entry is for those with qualifications such as a National Diploma (ND) or National Certificate in Education (NCE).
The university has well-equipped science and ICT laboratories, lecture theaters, a central library and residential accommodation for students and staff. Other facilities on campus include a health center, students’ center, banking services, places of worship and sporting facilities.
NSUK aims to produce graduates equipped with relevant knowledge and skills for solving societal problems. Its motto “Knowledge and Service” reflects the university’s commitment to promoting learning and community service. With a vision to become a top-ranked university in Nigeria and beyond, NSUK continues to pursue excellence and innovation in all aspects of its operations.
NSUK List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at NSUK:
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS & EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE & EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- ARABIC STUDIES
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- COMMON & ISLAMIC LAW
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION & FRENCH
- EDUCATION & HISTORY
- EDUCATION & ISLAMIC STUDIES
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION & INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & PHYSICS
- EDUCATION & SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- GEOLOGY & MINING
- GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING
- HOME ECONOMICS & EDUCATION
- HOME SCIENCE & MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LANGUAGES & LINGUISTICS
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- NUTRITION & DIETETICS
- OFFICE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- PLANT SCIENCE & BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SECURITIES & INVESTMENT
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
NSUK Admission Requirements
To gain admission to Nassarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK), you must meet the following requirements:
NSUK Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to NSUK in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the NSUK post UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to NSUK
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
NSUK Admission Requirements by Direct Entry:
Candidates seeking direct admission to NSUK must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
Nassarawa State University Keffi (NSUK) is a higher education institution located in Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria. As a prospective student, you likely have some questions about the university. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers:
What programs of study are offered at NSUK?
NSUK offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six faculties: Education, Arts, Social Sciences, Science, Agriculture, and Management Sciences. Options include
Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, English, Microbiology, Political Science, and Zoology. Master’s and PhD degrees are also available in select subjects.
What is the admission process?
To be admitted as an undergraduate, you must have the minimum of five credits at SSCE, NECO or their equivalents which must include English Language and Mathematics at a sitting. The post-UTME screening exercise is required for all candidates. For postgraduate admission, you must have at least a second class upper division in a relevant bachelor’s degree. You will need to apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for undergraduate programs and directly through NSUK for postgraduate programs.
What student life is like on campus?
NSUK aims to provide a holistic learning experience. There are opportunities to participate in academic societies, faith groups, and recreational sports. Accommodation is available on campus for students who require it. The university also frequently hosts guest lectures, seminars, and cultural activities.
What is the university motto and core values?
The motto of NSUK is “For Service and Integrity”. The core values of the university are excellence, integrity, creativity, and service. NSUK aims to foster these values in all areas of teaching, research, community service and administration.