Do you want to enroll at The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
The Federal Government of Nigeria owns the University of Abuja, which is also known as UNIABUJA. It is in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Nigeria. It was created in 1988 by the Nigerian government as a way to increase access to higher education in the country, especially for residents of the FCT and its surrounding areas.
UNIABUJA List of Courses Offered
- ARABIC STUDIES
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE & EDUCATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BANKING & FINANCE
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- DRAMA/DRAMATIC/PERFORMING ARTS
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & ARABIC
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LITERATURE
- EDUCATION & HISTORY
- EDUCATION & SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION & ISLAMIC STUDIES
- EDUCATION & PHYSICS
- EDUCATION & INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
- ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT & PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MEDICINE & SURGERY
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- PRIMARY EDUCATION STUDIES
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
UNIABUJA School Fees
The school fees for the University of Abuja vary based on the program of study and the level of study (i.e., undergraduate or postgraduate).
For undergraduate programs:
The school fees for each academic session at the University of Abuja run from about 50,000 to 90,000. This amount pays for school, registration fees, and other costs like housing and medical bills. But it’s important to remember that school fees may change based on the program of study, so it’s best to check with the university’s official website or the relevant department for more information.
For post graduate programs:
The University of Abuja has different fees for different programs and levels of study. In general, postgraduate programs cost more than undergraduate programs. Per academic session, school fees can be anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000.
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements
Admission to the university is competitive and depends on how well you do in school. Here are the basic conditions for getting into the University of Abuja:
- The candidates must have at least five (5) point passes in their O-level (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or its equivalent), including English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have taken the UTME test given by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and got at least 180. But some programs may have a higher cut-off score, so applicants should check with the appropriate department to find out what they need to do.
- Candidates must have chosen the University of Abuja as their first choice school in JAMB and taken part in the Post-UTME screening process.
Postgraduate Admissions requirements:
- Candidates must have a first degree (at least a Second Class Lower) from an accredited school in an area related to the job.
- A NYSC release certificate or an exemption certificate must be given to the candidate.
- Candidates must have worked in a related field for at least three years after getting their degree.
- Candidates must meet the department’s requirements for admission, which may include an entrance test and/or an interview.
UNIABUJA Hostel Accommodation
On the campus of the University of Abuja, there are different kinds of dorms, such as halls of living and student villages. The halls of residence are traditional dorms with shared bathrooms and kitchens. The student villages, on the other hand, are more modern and generally have apartments that are self-contained.
The University of Abuja’s hostel fees range from about 20,000 to 60,000 per academic session, based on the type of housing and the facilities offered. The fees pay for things like power, water, and keeping the hostel in good shape.
Does university of Abuja offer part time programs?
University of Abuja popularly known as UNIABUJA offers part time programs.
Does University of Abuja offer scholarships?
The university of Abuja gives scholarships to students who deserve it.
Does University of Abuja accept 140 JAMB score?
The general accepted cutoff mark for University of Abuja is 180. Only candidates with 180 score in the recently written JAMB is eligible for admission to the school.