Do you want to enroll at uyo city polytechnic? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school.
This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
Uyo city polytechnic is a private polytechnic in Akwa ibom state, southern Nigeria. The polytechnic was established to address problems in the Nigerian educational system by making high-quality instruction easily accessible, together with strict moral guidelines that would prepare students for roles in long-term national development.
The polytechnic was established in 2013, has no religious affiliation, and currently enrolls a small number of students as compared to other polytechnics. Comparatively speaking to other federal or state polytechnics across the nation, admission to this polytechnic is currently not as competitive. The tuition at Uyo City Polytechnic is less than N100,000 and includes full-time ND/HND programmes in engineering, sciences, the arts, management, and social sciences.
The institution frequently organizes seminars, conferences, and workshops, and it is also involved in a range of community service activities.
The institution has a strong commitment to social responsibility and it actively participates in projects that aim to improve the welfare of the local community.
Uyo City Polytechnic is a rapidly growing institution that is dedicated to providing quality education to its students and to contributing to the development of the local community.
The institution is committed to excellence and is committed to providing quality education to its students so that they can achieve their academic and professional goals
Uyo City Polytechnic List Of Courses Offered
Uyo City Polytechnic offers a wide array of courses to its students.
Below is a list of the courses available to choose from:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Food Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Industrial Chemistry
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Office Technology and Management
- Petroleum Engineering
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
Uyo City Polytechnic Admission Requirements For ND Program
To be admitted into Uyo City Polytechnic for the National Diploma (ND) program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have completed their secondary school education and obtained a minimum of five (5) credits in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language.
- Candidates must have taken and passed the UTME administered by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Candidates must have chosen Uyo City Polytechnic as their first or second choice institution during the UTME registration.
- Candidates who meet the above requirements are eligible to apply for the post-UTME screening exercise.
Applicants must also apply for the Post-UTME
This involves registering and filling the forms available on the Uyo City Polytechnic website.
- Applicants will be required to pay the required fee, provide the necessary documents, and complete the online form.
- Applicants will be required to select the preferred test date and location.
- Applicants will be sent an email notification to confirm their application and provide information on the test.
- Applicants must bring the necessary documents such as the birth certificate, UTME result, and other qualifications on the day of the Post-UTME test
They will also be required to sit for the test within the specified time frame. The test is designed to assess the applicant’s knowledge of English and Mathematics, as well as other necessary topics.
Once the test is completed, applicants will receive a score which will be used to determine their eligibility for admission.
Applicants who meet the minimum score requirements will be invited for admission into the ND program.
Uyo City Polytechnic strives to provide a quality education to all applicants. They are committed to ensuring that applicants who meet the necessary requirements can pursue their educational dreams.
Uyo City Polytechnic Admission Requirements For HND Program
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order to be eligible for admission to any HND program offered by the institution:
- Candidates with an ND (National Diploma) in related courses from an accredited institution and a minimum Lower Credit
- Pass candidates may also be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must have finished the required one-year student industrial attachment program.
- Candidates who received their ND from a different institution than Uyo City Polytechnic must provide a transcript.
How to Submit HND Form
Applicants for a HND program must submit a completed application form along with all required documents to the relevant institution. The application form must include the following information:
- Personal details
- Academic history
- Work experience
- English language proficiency
- Any additional relevant information
- Along with the completed form, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Valid passport or other form of identification
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Any other documents required by the institution
Once all documents have been submitted, applicants will be contacted by the institution regarding their admission status.