Do you want to enroll at College of Education, Igueben? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About the School
Within the Igueben Local Government Area of Edo State, which is located in the southern region of Nigeria, the College of Education, Igueben is a tertiary institution that is owned and operated by the state government. During the year 1980, Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli, who had previously served as the Governor of the now-defunct state of Bendel, established the school.
With its long history and demonstrated commitment to excellence in teacher education, the College of Education, Igueben has produced many outstanding graduates who have gone on to influence education throughout Nigeria. With continued innovation and partnership, the college is poised to maintain its status as a leader in educating future generations.
College of Education, Igueben List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at College of Education, Igueben:
- Agricultural Science (Double Major)
- Biology/Integrated Science
- Business Education
- Computer Education/ Accounting
- Chemistry/Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education/Mathematics
- Computer Science/ Secretarial Studies
- Computer Education/Physics
- Economics/Social Studies
- English/Political Science
- English/Social Studies
- Geography/Social Studies
- Geography/Political Science
- Integrated Science/ Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science/Physics
- Physical & Health Education (Double Major)
- Political Science/Social Studies
- Primary Education Studies
College of Education, Igueben Admission Requirements
To gain admission into College of Education, Igueben, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen College of Education, Igueben as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into College of Education, Igueben, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of College of Education, Igueben. Best of luck!
What are the Admission Requirements?
To be admitted, you’ll need to meet the basic requirements:
- Have a secondary school leaving certificate with credits in at least 5 subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Obtain the minimum cut-off mark for your program in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The cut-off marks vary each year.
- Participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise. This typically includes an aptitude test, interview, and screening of credentials.
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years.
- Have a clean disciplinary record.
What Programs are Offered?
The College of Education, Igueben offers programs leading to the award of the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in a variety of specializations:
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- English Language
- Home Economics
- Political Science
After completing the NCE, you’ll be qualified to teach in secondary schools. The college also offers some diploma and post-graduate programs.
What are the Duration of Study?
The NCE program typically takes 3 years of full-time study to complete. Classes are held during weekdays between 8 am to 3 pm. The diploma and post-graduate programs vary in duration.
The college has excellent facilities to support your learning including:
- Well-equipped science, language, and computer laboratories
- A library with books, journals, magazines, and other resources
- Student hostels and cafeteria
- Recreational facilities like a gym, football pitch, and basketball court
- Regular power and water supply