FCT College of Education Zuba: Do you want to enroll at FCT College of Education Zuba? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
FCT College of Education Zuba, also known as COE Zuba, is a tertiary institution owned by the Federal Capital Territory Administration and established in 1996. The college aims to train teachers for primary and secondary schools across Nigeria, especially for schools within the Federal Capital Territory.
FCT College of Education Zuba offers National Certificate in Education (NCE) and bachelor’s degree programs in education and arts.
Admission into FCE Zuba is very competitive. To gain entry into the NCE program, you need 5 credits including English and Mathematics in WASSCE/NECO/NABTEB. For the bachelor’s degree, you need a minimum of credit passes in 5 subjects including English and Mathematics at the ordinary level plus three relevant subjects at advanced level.
The college has excellent facilities for learning and recreation. There are spacious classrooms, well-equipped science laboratories, a library, auditorium, sports complex, clinics, recreational centers and accommodation for staff and students.
With a focus on producing high quality teachers, FCE Zuba continues to make a valuable contribution in providing accessible education and empowering youth in Nigeria. If you want to positively impact the future of education in Nigeria, FCE Zuba is a great place to start.
FCT College of Education Zuba List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at COE Zuba:
- Arabic / Hausa
- Arabic / History
- Arabic / Islamic Studies
- Arabic / English
- Arabic / French
- Arabic / Social Studies
- Biology / Chemistry
- Biology / Integrated Science
- Biology / Mathematics
- Biology / Physics
- Business Education
- Chemistry / Integrated Science
- Chemistry / Mathematics
- Chemistry / Physics
- Christian Religious Studies / English
- Christian Religious Studies / French
- Christian Religious Studies / History
- Christians Religion Studies / Social Studies
- Computer Education / English
- Computer Education / Physics
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Economics / English
- Economics / Geography
- Economics / History
- Economics / Social Studies
- English / French
- English / Hausa
- English / History
- English / Igbo
- English / Islamic Studies
- English / Social Studies
- English / Yoruba
- French / Social Studies
- French / Hausa
- French / History
- French / Igbo
- French / Igbo L2
- French / Yoruba
- Geography / History
- Geography / Social Studies
- Hausa / Igbo
- Hausa / Islamic Studies
- Hausa / Social Studies
- Hausa / Yoruba
- History / Social Studies
- History / Islamic Studies
- Igbo / Social Studies
- Igbo / Yoruba
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science / Physics
- Islamic Studies / Social Studies
- Mathematics / Physics
- Primary Education Studies
- Social Studies / Yoruba
- Physical And Health Education (Double Major)
- Computer Education / Integrated Science
- Fine And Applied Arts
- Early Childhood and Care Education
- English (Double Major)
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Science
FCT College of Education Zuba Admission Requirements
To get into FCT College of Education Zuba, you’ll need to meet some basic requirements.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen FCT College of Education Zuba as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into FCT College of Education Zuba, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of FCT College of Education Zuba. Best of luck!
So you’re interested in attending the FCT College of Education in Zuba? That’s great news. Here are some frequently asked questions about the school to help you learn more.
What is the admission process?
To gain admission to FCT College of Education, you must:
- Meet the minimum entry requirements of 5 credits in WAEC/NECO including English Language and Mathematics.
- Purchase and complete the application form, either online or in person. The forms typically become available in January or February each year.
- Sit for and pass the Post-UTME screening exam. The exam tests your knowledge and aptitude for your chosen course of study.
- Attend an interview. The interview panel will evaluate your personality, communication skills, and enthusiasm for the teaching profession.
- Check admission status lists to see if you have been offered a spot. Successful candidates must accept the offer within the stipulated timeframe.
- Participate in orientation and registration activities to officially become a student.
The admission process is quite competitive, so make sure you prepare well for all components! With hard work and perseverance, you have a good chance of gaining entrance to this reputable institution.
What facilities are available on campus?
The college aims to provide students with a conducive learning environment. Some of the facilities on campus include:
- Standard lecture halls and classrooms
- Well-equipped science laboratories
- A library stocked with relevant course textbooks, reference books, and other educational materials
- Sports facilities for football, volleyball, basketball and table tennis
- A health center staffed by qualified medical personnel
- Residential halls for students who wish to live on campus
- A cafeteria that provides affordable and nutritious meals
With all these amenities available, you’ll have everything you need to succeed during your program of study. Best of luck with your application and education at FCT College of Education!