Federal College Of Education Okene: Do you want to enroll at Federal College of Education okene? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? This articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About the school
The Federal College of Education, Okene is a federal government higher education establishment.Regarding its degree programs, it is associated with the University of Ibadan.
In Okene, Federal College of Education was founded in 1974. Federal College of Education, Okene replaced its original name, Federal Advanced Teachers College, Okene, upon establishment in 1985. Up until 1987, it was governed by the Federal Ministry of Education.
Federal College of Education Okene List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at this college of education:
- Education/Social Studies
- Guidance & Counseling
- Education/English Language
- Human Kinetics (Physical) & Health Education
- Educational Management
- Education/Christian Religious Studies
- Education/Islamic Studies
Federal College of Education Okene Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Federal College of Education Okene,there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Federal College of Education okene as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Federal College of Education okene, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Federal College of Education okene.Best of luck!
What is the duration of federal college program for degree?
For applicants applying through JAMB, UTME, the program lasts for four years; for candidates applying through JAMB Direct Entry, it lasts for three years.
In which Nigerian state is Okene located?
Kogi state. Central Nigeria’s Kogi state includes the town of Okene. It is located where highways leading from Lokoja, Kabba, Ikare, Ajaokuta, and Anchi converge.
What is the cost for students?
A price assessed to students in a school, college, university, or other educational institution on top of any matriculation and/or tuition costs is known as a student fee or student activity fee.