Do you want to enroll at (JABU) This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), located in Ikeji-Arakeji, Nigeria, is a private Christian university established in 2006. The university is named after Joseph Ayo Babalola, a renowned Nigerian evangelist.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six colleges:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Environmental Sciences
- College of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences
- College of Law
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- College of Theology
Students can choose from over 60 academic programs leading to Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The curriculum combines spiritual development and character training with academic excellence.
The vision of JABU is to be a leading institution that impacts society through Christian-based education, entrepreneurship development, and community service. The mission is to provide high quality Christian education through teaching, research, and community service.
JABU continues to make significant contributions to education and community development in Nigeria. The university grooms students to become responsible leaders and good citizens that will positively impact society.
Adeleke University High List of Courses Offered
Joseph Ayo Babalola University offers a wide range of courses across various disciplines. Students have the opportunity to earn degrees in the following areas of study:
The university offers programs leading to Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in:
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Crop Science, Fisheries
- Food Science and Technology
- Soil Science
Students can pursue degrees in:
- History and International Studies
- Music Philosophy
- Religious Studies
- Theater Arts
- Visual Arts.
Basic Medical Sciences
The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences offers programs in:
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Microbiology
- Nursing Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
Degrees are offered in:
- Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Veterinary Medicine
Engineering and Technology
Students can earn degrees in:
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering.
Management and Social Sciences
The university offers programs in:
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Public Administration
Adeleke University High Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Joseph Ayo Babalola University, you must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into Joseph Ayo Babalola University, candidates must:
- Possess a minimum of five credits in SSCE/WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB including English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Have a minimum UTME score of 180 for Science-based courses and 160 for non-Science-based courses.
- Meet the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course of study. The cut-off marks are determined based on the performance of candidates who applied to study in the school during the UTME year.
- Participate in the post-UTME screening exercise. The dates for the post-UTME screening exercise will be announced on the school’s website and notice boards.
- Meet additional requirements for your selected course like O’Level subjects, etc. The O’Level requirements for each course in the school can be found in the JABU academic bulletin on the university website.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE/WASSCE/NECO results may also apply for admission, provided the results will be available at the commencement of admission screening.
- Direct Entry candidates must possess at least two A’ Level passes in relevant subjects. Candidates must also meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark.
- Transfer candidates from other recognized tertiary institutions may apply for admission into 200 level or above provided they possess the minimum entry requirement and have a minimum CGPA of not less than 2.50 on a 5.0 scale from their previous schools.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into Joseph Ayo Babalola University. Admission into the school is very competitive. Candidates who wish to secure admission must have outstanding SSCE results and post-UTME scores above the cut-off mark for their selected courses.
Applying and Attending Joseph Ayo Babalola University
To apply and attend Joseph Ayo Babalola University. Apply the following steps:
You will need to submit an application to be considered for admission. Apply online through the university’s website and provide the necessary documentation, including official transcripts, exam scores, an essay, and letters of recommendation.
Read also:Top Medical School in the United States