Do you want to enroll at Kings University? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Kings University is a private Christian university located in Osun State, Nigeria. Founded in 2015, the school offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Kings University places a strong emphasis on character development and spiritual growth. Chapel services are held every week and attendance is mandatory for all students.
Admission into Kings University is highly competitive. The key criteria for admission are a good WAEC, NECO or equivalent result with credits in relevant subjects, and a good JAMB score. The university also considers extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation.
The admission process starts with purchasing an application form. Qualified applicants will be invited for a screening exercise before a final selection.
Kings University aims to produce graduates empowered with knowledge, skills and Christian values to become leaders and to impact society. The university provides high quality education in a conducive learning environment.
List of Courses Available
Kings University Nigeria offers a variety of courses for students to pursue. The school has several colleges with programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CRIMINOLOGY & SECURITY STUDIES
- CYBER SECURITY
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
To be admitted into Kings University Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
General Admission Requirements
To qualify for undergraduate admission at Kings University Nigeria, you must:
- Have a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- Meet the University’s cut-off point in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The cut-off point varies from year to year depending on the number of applicants.
- Participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise. The Post-UTME screening comprises a written examination and an oral interview. Only candidates who score 50% and above in the Post-UTME screening exercise are eligible for admission.
Some courses may have additional admission requirements like:
- Credit passes in specified Science or Arts subjects for programmes in those fields. For example, to study Accounting, you need credits in Mathematics and Economics.
- A credit pass in Fine Arts or Music for programmes in the Creative Arts.
- A pass in Literature in English may be required for some programmes in the Humanities.
- Meeting the University’s cut-off point in the UTME and the additional course requirements does not guarantee admission. Admission is competitive, and the number of intakes depends on the carrying capacity of each programme.
To be admitted into Kings University Nigeria, you must:
- Purchase the University’s admission form after obtaining the UTME form from JAMB.
- Complete and submit the admission form online with the required supporting documents like copies of your educational certificates, a passport photograph, and evidence of payment of application fees.
- Choose Kings University as your first choice institution when registering for the UTME.
- Participate in the Post-UTME screening after obtaining the minimum UTME score set by the University.
- Check the admission lists after the Post-UTME screening to confirm if you have been offered provisional admission.
- Proceed to accept your admission on the University’s portal and make the necessary payments like acceptance fees and accommodation fees (if staying in the hostel).
- Participate in the orientation programme at the start of the session. Matriculation follows soon after.
Here is a draft section in the requested style and length:
To apply for admission to Kings University Nigeria, you will need to complete the following steps:
To begin the application process, visit the Kings University Nigeria website and select ‘Apply Now.’ You will then create an account to start your application.
Submit Application Form
You will need to fill out an online application form with your personal information, including your name, date of birth, address, and contact details. You will also provide details about your academic background, including schools attended and examination results.
Upload Supporting Documents
In addition to the application form, you will need to upload scanned copies of several supporting documents. These include:
-Copies of your West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) results, including passes in three subjects, including English Language.
-A copy of your birth certificate or national identity card as proof of age.
-One letter of recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your abilities and potential for success at university.
-A 250-500 word essay on your motivation for study at Kings University Nigeria and your future goals.
-A non-refundable application is paid via the online application portal.
After you have submitted all required documents, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. They will evaluate your application and supporting materials to determine if you meet the minimum entry requirements for your desired program of study.
Receive Admission Decision
If your application is successful, you will receive an official letter of admission by email within 4 to 6 weeks of applying. The letter will contain details about your offer of admission, including conditions and next steps to reserve your place at Kings University Nigeria.