Do you want to enroll at Kwara State College of Education? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin started in September 1974 as a College of Preliminary Studies with 68 students. The goal was to prepare students for degree programs at the then University of Ilorin. The College is situated in Kwara State’s capital, the historic city of Ilorin.
Kwara State College of Education List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at Kwara State College of Education:
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Adult Education
- Arabic / Christian Religious Studies
- Biology / Chemistry
- Business Education
- Christian Religious Studies / Geography
- Christian Religious Studies / History
- Christian Religious Studies / Economics
- Christian Religious Studies / English
- Christian Religiuos Studies / Political Science
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Education Accounting
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Accountancy
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Social Studies
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational Management and Planning
- Education and French
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- Home Economics and Education
- Library and Information Science
- Library Science
- Music / Christian Religious Studies
- Music / Yoruba
- Nursery and Primary Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Primary Education Studies
- Social Studies / Yoruba
- Technical Education
- Physical And Health Education (Double Major)
- Special Education (Double Major)
- Social Studies (Double Major)
Kwara State College of Education Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Kwara State College of Education, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Kwara State College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Kwara State College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Kwara State College of Education. Best of luck!
How long will the program take to complete?
The duration of programs at KWSCOE depends on the specific major and program you choose. Typically, the NCE program takes 3 years to complete while degree programs usually take 4 years.
What is the admission process?
Admission into Kwara State College of Education is very competitive. The process includes:
- Applying: You must obtain and complete an application form, either online or in person. Submit the required documents like transcripts, test scores, etc.
- Taking an entry exam: Applicants are required to take the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board exam (JAMB) and the Kwara State College of Education screening exam. Minimum scores are required to qualify for admission.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates are invited for an oral interview to determine their suitability for the program.
- Admission: Successful candidates are offered provisional admission into their program of choice pending payment of admission fees.
What facilities are available on campus?
Kwara State College of Education has excellent facilities to support teaching and learning, including:
- Well-equipped science and computer laboratories
- A library with books, periodicals, and databases
- Standard classrooms
- Staff offices
- A health center
- Sports facilities for football, basketball, volleyball, etc.
- Accommodation for students and staff
- A cafeteria
What career opportunities exist after graduating?
Graduates of Kwara State College of Education have many career opportunities, such as:
- Teachers in primary and secondary schools
- Lecturers in colleges of education
- Education administrators and managers
- Curriculum developers
- And more