College Of Education Nsukka: Do you want to enroll at Federal College of Education, Nsukka? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About the School
The Nsukka College of Education is a college that can be found in Enugu State, which is located in South East Nigeria. The college receives its funding and management from private sources, and it is dedicated to delivering high-quality educators to the national education system in Nigeria. In addition to providing students with a library, a fine classroom, power, and a strong road network, the institution also provides its students with a variety of other excellent facilities. The cost of attending college is well below 100,000 dollars.
There are more courses available in the fields of social science and commerce at the College of Education in Nsukka than there are in the fields of science and technology.
Federal College Of Education Nsukka List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at College Of Education Nsukka:
- Agricultural Science
- Christian Religious Studies / Computer Education
- Christian Religious Studies / Economics
- Christian Religious Studies / English
- Christian Religious Studies / Maths
- Christian Religiuos Studies / Political Science
- Christians Religion Studies / Igbo
- Computer Education / English
- Computer Science / Political Science
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Economics / English
- Economics / Igbo
- Economics / Mathematics
- Economics / Political Science
- Economics / Social Studies
- English / Igbo
- English / Political Science
- English / Social Studies
- Igbo / Computer Science
- Integrated Science / Economics
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science / Social Studies
- Mathematics / Social Studies
- Political Science / Mathematics
- Political Science / Social Studies
College Of Education Nsukka Admission Requirements
To gain admission into College Of Education Nsukka, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Nsukka College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Nsukka College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Nsukka College of Education. Best of luck!
What programs does the college offer?
The college offers both undergraduate (NCE) and postgraduate (PGDE) programs in a variety of areas like arts, languages, sciences, vocational and technical education. Some of the specific majors include English, mathematics, chemistry, biology, history, Christian religious studies, music, fine and applied arts, home economics, secretarial studies, and more.
How much does it cost to attend?
Tuition at the Federal College of Education Nssuka is very affordable. For Nigerian students, the National Certificate in Education (NCE) program costs around 50,000 Naira per year. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programs cost between 70,000 to 100,000 Naira per year for Nigerian students. Accommodation and feeding will cost around another 50,000 Naira per year.
What is the admission process?
To be admitted, you’ll need to meet the minimum admission requirements which include 5 credits at SSCE/NECO including English and Mathematics. Then you’ll need to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or obtain the required cutoff mark. Finally, apply through the college’s website at fce.edu.ng when admissions open, usually in March or April. Successful applicants are invited for a screening interview before admission offers are made.
What facilities does the college offer?
The college has good facilities including well-equipped laboratories for science courses, demonstration schools, a library, sports facilities, health center, cafeteria, and residential halls of residence for students. The campus also has a steady supply of electricity and water.
With affordable tuition, a variety of programs, and excellent facilities, the Federal College of Education in Nssuka provides a great opportunity for higher education. Let me know if you have any other questions!