Do you want to enroll at Crescent University? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About Crescent University
Crescent University, Abeokuta is a private university located in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. It was established in 2005 and is committed to providing world-class education guided by Islamic ethos.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six faculties – Arts, Management Sciences, Science, Social Sciences, Law and Engineering. It has a student population of over 15,000 from Nigeria and other West African countries.
Admission into Crescent University is competitive and based on meeting the basic entry requirements including a minimum of 5 credits at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB O’Level or its equivalent, in not more than two sittings. Candidates are also required to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Crescent University screening test.
The university aims to produce graduates and professionals with knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the 21st century in an environment where teaching, learning and character development are accorded high priority. Some of the values and attributes of Crescent University graduates include:
- Sound Islamic orientation and high moral standards
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and skills
- Lifelong learning habits
With state-of-the-art facilities, Crescent University provides an enabling environment for learning and character development. The university has produced over 25,000 graduates making positive impacts in Nigeria and beyond.
List of Courses Available in Crescent University, Abeokuta
Crescent University, Abeokuta offers a wide range of courses across several disciplines for students to choose from:
1. Undergraduate Courses
The university offers undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor’s degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- History and International Studies
2. Postgraduate Courses
Crescent University, Abeokuta also offers postgraduate programs leading to Master’s and PhD degrees in various fields of study:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Engineering in Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Agriculture
- Master of Arts in English, History, International Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Computer Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture, English, History and International Studies
With a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across Management Sciences, Natural and Applied Sciences, Engineering, Arts and Social Sciences, Crescent University, Abeokuta provides students the opportunity to pursue their academic and career interests.
To gain admission into Crescent University, Abeokuta, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants must have a minimum of five O’level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. Acceptable O’level subjects are: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Geography, Literature in English, Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Accounting, and Government.
2. Direct Entry Applicants
Applicants seeking direct entry admission must possess at least two A’level passes in relevant subjects. Holders of National Diploma (ND) or National Innovation Diploma (NID) with a minimum of Upper Credit are also eligible for direct entry admission into the 200 level.
3. UTME Subjects
For admission into Crescent University, Abeokuta, candidates are required to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must obtain the prescribed UTME cut-off mark in the following four subjects:
- English Language
- Any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics, Geography, Accounting and Literature in English.
To apply for admission into Crescent University, Abeokuta, candidates must:
- Purchase the University application form which can be obtained online or in person at the University campus.
- Complete and submit the application form with the required documents such as O’level results, UTME results, and a letter of reference from your school or religious leader.
- Sit for an interview. Successful candidates will receive an admission letter and acceptance fee invoice.
- Pay the acceptance fee to secure your admission.
Meeting these admission requirements and following the application process will set you on the path to becoming a student at Crescent University, Abeokuta. We wish you the very best in your endeavors.
To apply for admission to Crescent University, Abeokuta, you will need to follow the application steps outlined below:
1. Submit an Application
The first step is to submit an application for admission to Crescent University. You can apply online through the university’s website or in person at the Admissions office on campus. The application requires personal information like your name, address, date of birth as well as your O-Level West African Examination Council (WAEC) results or equivalent and a non-refundable application fee.
2. Take an Entrance Examination
Once your application has been received, you will be invited to take an entrance examination. The examination helps determine your eligibility and preparedness for the academic programs at Crescent University. Performance in the entrance exam, in addition to your O-Level results, will be used to determine if you gain admission to the university.
3. Attend an Interview
If you meet the minimum requirements based on your application and entrance exam scores, you will be invited for an interview with a panel at the university. The interview gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your interest in Crescent University and allows the panel to assess your character and potential. Strong performance in the interview can strengthen your chances of gaining admission, even if your scores were marginal.
4. Receive an Admission Decision
Within a few weeks of your interview, Crescent University will communicate an admission decision to you. If accepted, you will receive information on next steps like course registration, accommodation booking, and other orientation details to prepare you to join the Crescent University community. Candidates who are not admitted may reapply in the following application cycle.
Crescent University aims to admit students that will thrive in a competitive environment and contribute positively to the university community. If admitted, you will have the opportunity to study various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in fields like Science, Arts, Law, Engineering, and Medicine.
As a prospective student, you likely have several questions about Crescent University. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
1. What programs of study are offered at Crescent University?
Crescent University offers over 150 undergraduate and postgraduate programs across 10 faculties. Some of the major areas of study include:
- Sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Engineering (e.g. Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering)
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Management and Social Sciences (e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Psychology)
- Arts and Humanities (e.g. English, History, Performing Arts)
2. What is the admission process?
To be admitted to Crescent University, you must meet the minimum admission requirements, which include having a secondary school leaving certificate or its equivalent with a minimum of 5 O’level credits including English Language and Mathematics. In addition, you must take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Crescent University screening exercise. Offers of admission are based on your performance in these examinations and the availability of places in your program of choice.
3. What facilities are available on campus?
Crescent University has various facilities to support students’ learning and recreation. These include:
- Well-equipped lecture theaters and laboratories
- A central library with print and electronic resources
- Student hostels and cafeterias
- Sporting facilities (football pitch, basketball courts, etc.)
- A health center
- Places of worship for different faiths