Do you want to enroll at KWASU? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Kwara State University (KWASU) is located in Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria. It was established in 2009 to provide world-class education and undertake research in science, technology, humanities, and social sciences.
KWASU offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six faculties: Education, Arts and Social Sciences, Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, and Management Science. The university aims to produce high-quality graduates with skills and knowledge relevant to the 21st century.
Admission into KWASU is competitive and based on meeting the minimum entry requirements and scoring well on the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The academic year consists of two semesters, with each semester lasting 15 weeks.
KWASU has a strong focus on research and innovation. It has over 50 research laboratories and centers across various disciplines. The university frequently partners with other institutions on collaborative research projects and has published over 1,000 research articles.
Students have access to quality learning facilities, including a well-stocked digital library, student hostels, cafeterias, a health center, and sporting facilities. The university aims to provide a conducive environment for students to achieve their full potential.
KWASU graduates have gone on to successful careers in fields like law, engineering, medicine, business, and public service. The university has a growing alumni network that provides mentorship and networking opportunities for current students and fresh graduates.
In summary, Kwara State University offers high-quality university education and is poised to become one of Nigeria’s leading universities. Prospective students looking for a challenging yet rewarding university experience would do well to consider KWASU.
KWASU List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at KWASU:
- AERONAUTIC AND ASTRONAUTIC ENGINEERING
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ARABIC STUDIES
- AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES MANAGEMENT
- ARABIC EDUCATION
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BIOLOGY EDUCATION
- BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP STUDIES
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMISTRY EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN STUDIES EDUCATION
- COMMON & ISLAMIC LAW
- COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN STUDIES
- CHRISTIAN STUDIES EDUCATION
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMMON LAW
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EARLY CHILDHOOD & PRIMARY EDUCATION
- EDUCATION & SCIENCE
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & TOXICOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
- ENGLISH EDUCATION
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE
- FINE & APPLIED ARTS
- FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD ENGINEERING
- FRENCH EDUCATION
- GEOLOGY & MINERAL SCIENCE
- HOSPITALITY & TOURISM
- HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATION
- HUMAN KINETICS
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- ISLAMIC STUDIES EDUCATION
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LANGUAGES & LINGUISTICS
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
- MATERIAL & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- PHYSICS EDUCATION
- PERFORMING ARTS
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC HEALTH SCIENCE
- PLANT BIOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE & PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- YORUBA EDUCATION
KWASU Admission Requirements
To be admitted into Kwara State University, you must meet the following requirements:
KWASU Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to KWASU in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the KWASU post UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to KWASU
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
KWASU Admission Requirements by Direct Entry:
Candidates seeking direct admission to KWASU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
The application process to gain admission into KWASU typically involves the following steps:
- Purchase the University’s admission form online at the official website or designated bank branches.
- Complete and submit the admission form, ensuring all required information and documents are provided before the deadline. This includes a copy of your credentials, birth certificate, and passport photograph.
- Take the necessary admission screening test, such as UTME. Meet the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Check admission status on the University website and proceed to accept your offer if admitted.
- Present yourself for screening and registration at the stipulated date with all original credentials.
- Proceed to undertake a medical examination at the University Medical Center.
- Complete your registration by paying the necessary tuition fees.
By meeting the admission criteria and following the application process, you stand a good chance of gaining admission into KWASU to pursue your desired undergraduate or postgraduate program. Good luck!
What programs and courses are offered at Kwara State University?
Kwara State University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across its three campuses in Malete, Ilorin and Osi-Ekiti. Some of the courses offered include:
- Mass Communication
- Computer Science
- Basic Medical Sciences
What is the admission process?
To be admitted into Kwara State University, you must meet the minimum entry requirements set by the university. The admission process typically involves:
- Applying through the Kwara State University website during the designated application period.
- Taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attaining the required minimum score for your program of choice.
- Participating in the post-UTME screening which may include an aptitude test and interview.
- Meeting other program-specific requirements like a credit pass in certain subjects.