Do you wish to learn more about the admission requirements and course offered at moshood Abiola polytechnic? If yes, you should read this post because it has all the details you need about the moshood Abiola polytechnic.
About The School
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic is a tertiary institution located in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. It was established in 1979 as Ogun State Polytechnic and was later renamed Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in honor of the late Nigerian businessman and politician, Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola.
The institution offers National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programs in various fields such as engineering, science and technology, business studies, communication and liberal studies, environmental studies, and management studies.
MAPOLY is known for its strong commitment to academic excellence and practical education, aimed at producing graduates who are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in their chosen careers.
MAPOLY has a large and diverse student population and is well-regarded for its state-of-the-art facilities, well-trained faculty members, and a vibrant campus life that includes extracurricular activities, sports, and clubs.
The polytechnic also has a strong partnership with industry and has collaborations with various local and international institutions aimed at enhancing the quality of education and research.
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Admission Requirements
The admission requirements for MAPOLY vary depending on the program you are applying for.
National Diploma (ND)
Below are the general requirements for National Diploma (ND) admission into MAPOLY:
- To be eligible to gain admission into Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) through UTME, candidates must:
- Obtain a minimum of 120 in the UTME conducted by JAMB and choose MAPOLY as their first or second choice institution.
- Possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in either WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB.
- Apply for the ND program of their choice through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and select MAPOLY as their preferred institution.
Participate in the post-UTME screening exercise conducted by the polytechnic and score at least the required cutoff mark for their chosen course of study.
- Meet all other specific requirements for their chosen course of study, such as possessing the required O’level subjects and grades and any other additional admission requirements.
- Candidates who meet these criteria and are offered admission into Moshood Abiola Polytechnic are required to undergo the institution’s registration process and pay the prescribed fees to secure their admission.
How To Apply For Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Post UTME
To apply for the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) post UTME screening exercise, follow these steps:
- Visit the MAPOLY Post UTME portal at https://mapoly.edu.ng/web/
- Click on the “Start Application” button to create an account with a valid email address and phone number.
- Fill in your personal information, JAMB registration number, and course of study.
- Upload your O’level result(s) and other required documents such as birth certificate, state of origin, and passport photograph.
- Pay the post UTME screening fee through the portal using a debit card or other available payment options.
- Submit your application and print out the confirmation page.
Note: The post UTME screening exercise dates and venues will be communicated to candidates through their registered email addresses and phone numbers. Candidates are advised to check the institution’s website regularly for updates and instructions.
Also, candidates are required to have scored a minimum of 120 in the UTME conducted by JAMB before they can apply for the post UTME screening exercise of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
National Higher Diploma (HND)
For Higher National Diploma (HND) admission into MAPOLY, candidates must have:
- National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution with a minimum of Lower Credit in a relevant course.
- Candidates must have purchased and completed the MAPOLY Post-UTME screening form.
- At least one-year Post-National Diploma (ND) Industrial attachment experience.
- Possess five (5) O’level credit passes in relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
- A minimum of one-year Post ND working experience.
- A minimum of Lower Credit at ND level.
Note: The above requirements are subject to change, so it is advisable to visit MAPOLY’s official website or admission office for the most recent and detailed admission requirements.
How To Submit HND Form
To submit the HND form for Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), follow these steps:
- Visit the MAPOLY official website at https://mapoly.edu.ng/
- Click on the “Apply for Admission” tab on the homepage.
- Select the “Higher National Diploma (HND)” option from the list of available programs.
- Create an account on the MAPOLY Admission Portal and fill in your personal information, educational qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Upload scanned copies of your academic transcripts, O’level results, and other required documents.
- Pay the application fee through the online payment platform using a debit card or other available payment options.
- Submit your completed application form and print out the confirmation page for future reference.
After submitting the application form, candidates are required to participate in the polytechnic’s screening exercise, which will be communicated to them via email or SMS. Candidates who meet the admission requirements and are successful in the screening exercise will be offered provisional admission into the HND program of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
Courses Offered At MAPOLY
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic offers a wide range of National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) courses in various fields. Some of the courses offered by MAPOLY include:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Hospitality Management
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Office Technology and Management
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
These courses are available in various departments and faculties of the institution. MAPOLY is known for its strong commitment to providing practical and job-oriented education to its students, and its courses are designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in their chosen careers.
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Cutoff Mark
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) has a general UTME cutoff mark of 120 for its National Diploma (ND) programs.
This means that candidates who scored 120 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are eligible to apply for admission into the polytechnic.
However, it is important to note that some departments and programs may have higher cutoff marks depending on the number of applicants and the availability of spaces.
Candidates are therefore advised to check the specific cutoff marks for their desired courses on the polytechnic’s official website or contact the admission office for more information.
Additionally, candidates are required to meet other admission requirements such as O’level results, post-UTME screening, and other specific requirements for their chosen courses before they can be considered for admission into Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.