Nassarawa State College Of Education Akwanga : Do you want to enroll at Nassarawa state College of Education? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? This articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About the school
In the central region of Nigeria, the College of Education, Akwanga is a tertiary institution that can be found in the town of Akwanga, which is located in the Akwanga Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. The Advanced Teachers College Akwanga (ATCA) was created in September 1976, and Plateau State Decree No. 5 in 1978 was the driving force behind the establishment of this institution.
Nassarawa State College of Education List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at this college of education:
- Adult And Non Formal Education
- Special Needs Education
- Education And Music
- Agricultural science
- arabic medium
- Bussiness education
- christain religious studies
- Computer science
- Fine and applied art
- Social studies
- Early childhood education
Nassarawa State College of Education Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Nassarawa state College of Education,there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen nassarawa state College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into nassarawa state College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of nassarawa state College of Education.Best of luck!
What kind of educational institution may be found in the state of Nasarawa?
A tertiary institution known as the College of Education, Akwanga can be found in the town of Akwanga, which is situated in the Akwanga Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, as well as in the central region of Nigeria. With Reverend Jonathan Wakili Thani serving as Provost, Mr. Yakubu Ojegba serving as Registrar, Mrs. Lillian Okpede serving as Bursar, and Dr. Mohammed serving as Librarian, the college is governed by the following individuals.
How many years does it take to complete a college degree?
applicants who apply through JAMB and UTME will have to wait for a total of four years to complete the program, while applicants who apply through JAMB Direct Entry would have to wait for a total of three years.
What is the background of the College of Education in Akwanga, which is located in the state of Nasarawa?
Plateau State Decree No. 5 in 1978 brought about the establishment of the college, which was first known as the Advanced Teachers College Akwanga (ATCA). After that, the edict was overturned in favour of the first Nasarawa State Edict.