Do you want to enroll at Osun State College of Education (OSCOED)? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
Osun State College of Education, also known as OSCOED, is one of the prominent colleges of education in Nigeria. Established in 1979, the college aims to train teachers for primary and secondary schools across Osun State and beyond.
In addition to the degree and diploma programs, OSCOED also offers a range of professional development courses for in-service teachers. The courses are available on a part-time basis through the college’s Center for Teacher Professional Development and Certification.
OSCOED continues to produce high quality teachers and shape the future of education in Osun State. The college motto “Learning and Morality” reflects its commitment to developing not just the intellectual capacity of students but also their character.
Osun State College of Education (OSCOED) List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at OSCOED:
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics
- B.Sc. Political Science,
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science
- B.Sc. Tourism and Hospitality
- B.Sc. Anatomy
- B.Sc Physiology
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B. A. English Language
- B.A. History and International Studies
- B.A. Music, B.A. Ed. Music
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Cyber Security
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science
- B.Ed. Guidance and Counselling
- B.Ed. Business Education
- B.Sc. Transport Planning and Logistics Studies
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.A. Ed. English
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.NSc. Nursing Science
- B.Sc. Public Health
- LL.B. Law
- B.Ed. Educational Management
- B.Ed. Adult and Continuing Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Agricultural Science
- B.Ed. Social Studies
- B.Sc. Ed. Integrated Science
Osun State College of Education (OSCOED) Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Osun State College of Education, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Osun State College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Osun State College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Osun State College of Education. Best of luck!
What programs are offered?
Osun State College of Education offers degree programs for those who want to become teachers. They offer the Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) which takes 3 years, and the Bachelor of Education degree (B.Ed.) which takes 4 years. Programs are available to prepare you to teach primary school, secondary school, technical and vocational subjects.
What is campus life like?
With over 10,000 students, campus life at Osun State College of Education is active and social. There are clubs and organizations for many interests like sports, music, volunteering, and more. The school hosts events, guest lectures, cultural shows, and other activities throughout the year. Campus housing is available for students who want to live on-site.
How much does it cost to attend?
As a public college in Nigeria, Osun State College of Education is very affordable. For the 2019/2020 school year, the NCE program cost around 75,000 Naira per year for tuition and the B.Ed. program cost around 150,000 Naira. Additional fees for housing, meals, and supplies may apply. Many students receive scholarships, grants, and loans to help pay for their education.
What admission requirements are there?
To be admitted to Osun State College of Education, you must have at least 5 credits in the WASSCE/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB examinations which must include English Language, Mathematics, and 3 other relevant subjects. For the NCE program, you need passes in 5 subjects including English and Math. For the B.Ed., you need passes in 6 subjects including English, Math, and Education. Applications are submitted through the JAMB UTME.