Do you want to enroll at The University of Ibadan (UI)? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Founded in 1948, the University of Ibadan is Nigeria’s oldest university. It is located in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, and is known for its beautiful campus and vibrant student life. The University of Ibadan has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence, with a diverse faculty and a wide range of programs offered across its many faculties.
The University of Ibadan is committed to providing students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in their chosen careers. The university has a strong focus on research, with many of its faculty members conducting cutting-edge research in their respective fields. Students at the University of Ibadan have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources, including libraries, laboratories, and research centers.
Courses Offered by University of Ibadan’s Faculties
The University of Ibadan offers a wide range of courses across its many faculties. Here is a breakdown of the courses offered by each faculty:
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Communication and Language Arts
- English Language and Literature
- European Studies
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Political Science
Faculty of Education
- Adult Education
- Educational Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Library, Archival and Information Studies
- Special Education
- Teacher Education
Faculty of Technology
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Crop Protection and Environmental Biology
- Forest Resources Management
- Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forest Resources Management
- Social and Environmental Forestry
Admission Requirements for University of Ibadan (UI)
Admission to the university is competitive and depends on how well you do in school. Here are the basic conditions for getting into the University of Ibadan:
- The candidates must have at least five (5) point passes in their O-level (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or its equivalent), including English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have taken the UTME test given by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and got at least 180. But some programs may have a higher cut-off score, so applicants should check with the appropriate department to find out what they need to do.
- Candidates must have chosen the University of Abuja as their first choice school in JAMB and taken part in the Post-UTME screening process.
Postgraduate Admissions requirements:
- Candidates must have a first degree (at least a Second Class Lower) from an accredited school in an area related to the job.
- A NYSC release certificate or an exemption certificate must be given to the candidate.
- Candidates must have worked in a related field for at least three years after getting their degree.
- Candidates must meet the department’s requirements for admission, which may include an entrance test and/or an interview.
How to Apply for Admission to University of Ibadan
To apply for admission to the University of Ibadan, prospective students are required to complete an online application form. The application form can be accessed on the university’s website, and must be completed accurately and in full. Students are also required to pay an application fee, which varies depending on the course and faculty that the student is applying to.
In addition to completing the online application form, prospective students are also required to submit supporting documentation, including their academic transcripts and certificates. These documents should be submitted directly to the university’s admissions office.
Attending the University of Ibadan is a great choice for any prospective student looking to unlock their potential and achieve their academic and career goals. With a wide range of courses offered across its many faculties, excellent facilities, and a commitment to academic excellence, the University of Ibadan is the perfect place to take your education to the next level.
Q: What is the minimum number of credits required for admission to the University of Ibadan?
A: Students are required to have a minimum of five credits in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
Q: How can I prepare for the University of Ibadan’s admission screening exercise?
A: Practice writing essays and giving oral presentations to help you prepare for the admission screening exercise.
Q: What faculties does the University of Ibadan have?
A: The University of Ibadan has faculties of Arts, Law, Science, Social Sciences, Education, Technology, Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, and Renewable Natural Resources.
Q: What is the application fee for the University of Ibadan?
A: The application fee varies depending on the course and faculty that the student is applying to.
Q: How do I submit my supporting documentation?
A: Supporting documentation should be submitted directly to the university’s admissions office.
Q: What is the admission screening exercise?
A: The admission screening exercise is a test and interview designed to assess the student’s academic ability and potential.