Do you want to enroll at Wellspring University? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About Wellspring University
Wellspring University is a private Christian university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Founded in 2005, Wellspring University strives to provide students with an excellent education in a Christian environment.
With over 15,000 students, Wellspring University focuses on nurturing students to reach their God-given potential through quality teaching and mentoring. The university aims to produce graduates equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, and the right attitude to impact society.
Wellspring University has a main campus in Benin City, along with additional campuses in Lagos and Abuja. The university boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, sporting facilities, residential accommodations, cafeterias, and a medical center.
With a vision to be a world-class university, Wellspring continues to expand its programs, improve facilities, and provide opportunities for students to develop into leaders. The university seeks to positively influence society in Nigeria and beyond through the lives and work of its students and alumni.
List of Courses Available
Wellspring University offers a wide range of courses across faculties and departments. Students can choose from the following options:
1. Undergraduate Courses
Wellspring University offers undergraduate degrees in fields such as:
- Business: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, Entrepreneurship
- Engineering: Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Software
- Arts and Social Sciences: History, Psychology, Sociology, English, Fine Arts
2. Postgraduate Courses
For postgraduate studies, Wellspring University offers programs such as:
- Masters: Wellspring University offers Masters degrees in numerous concentrations including Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA), Education (M.Ed.), and Public Health (MPH).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Wellspring University offers PhD programs in several faculties including Sciences, Education, Arts and Social Sciences, and Health Sciences. PhD candidates can focus their research in areas such as organic chemistry, curriculum and instruction, political science, and epidemiology.
- Professional Programs: Wellspring University also offers professional postgraduate degrees such as Master of Laws (LLM), Master of Divinity (MDiv), and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in creative writing, painting, sculpture, and other media.
With its diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various fields of study, Wellspring University has options for students with almost any academic or professional interest.
To gain admission into Wellspring University, Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Academic Requirements
Applicants must have completed secondary school and earned the West African Senior School Certificate Examination or its equivalent, with a minimum of five credits in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Candidates with a tertiary diploma may also apply and may be admitted into 200 level.
2. Age Requirement
The minimum age for admission is 16 years. There is no maximum age limit.
3. Application Process
You must complete an online application on the university’s website. The application opens in January of each year. Submit the following with your application:
- Official secondary school transcripts
- Reference letters from two teachers who taught you
- A personal essay of 250 to 500 words on your interests and goals
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers)
Applications are reviewed based on grades, test scores, essays, extracurricular activities, and other factors. Successful applicants will receive an offer letter by August.
4. Additional Requirements
- All admitted students must attend orientation at the start of the first semester.
- First-year students must live in university housing. Exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.
- International students require a study permit to attend university in Nigeria. You must apply for this permit through the Nigerian Embassy or High Commission in your home country.
Meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission, as spaces are limited. However, following the steps carefully and submitting a strong, thoughtful application will increase your chances of joining Wellspring University’s vibrant community of learners.
To apply for admission to Wellspring University, Nigeria, you must follow the application procedures and meet the minimum requirements.
1. Application Procedures
To apply, visit the university’s website and complete the online application. You will need to provide personal information, previous academic records, test scores, an essay, and letters of recommendation.
The application period opens in October for admission the following year. It is recommended you apply as early as possible, as some programs may close admission early. The application deadline is typically in April.
2. Minimum Requirements
To be considered for admission to Wellspring University, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have obtained the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Applicants are also required to have a minimum of ‘C6’ in English Language.
- Satisfy the UTME cut-off mark for your chosen course of study. The cut-off marks vary each year based on the number of applications.
- For some courses, you may be required to take additional tests such as the Post-UTME screening. Details will be provided on the university website.
- Meet any additional departmental requirements for your selected course of study. Some departments may have higher cut-off marks or subject prerequisites.
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- Provide a birth certificate or sworn declaration of age.
- Have a satisfactory character reference or clearance.
By following the application procedures carefully and ensuring you satisfy all minimum admission requirements, you will maximize your chances of gaining admission to Wellspring University. Please visit the university website for the most up-to-date information on application and admission.
Many prospective students have questions about various aspects of Wellspring University. Here are some of the most common FAQs:
1. Admissions Requirements
To be admitted to Wellspring University, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a secondary school certificate or its equivalent with a minimum of 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, and any other 3 subjects (Sciences, Social Sciences or Arts) at not more than 2 sittings.
- Take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and score 180 and above.
- Participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise.
- Meet the cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Fill out and submit an application for admission along with required documents like transcripts, certificates, etc.
The admission process is competitive, so meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
2. Tuition and Fees
Wellspring University aims to provide affordable, high-quality education. The current tuition rates are:
- For new undergraduate students: ₦150,000 per session.
- Accommodation (optional): ₦50,000 – ₦100,000 per session depending on room options.
- Other fees: Library, medical, sports, ICT, etc. around ₦30,000 per session.
Scholarships, grants and student loans are available for eligible students who need financial assistance. Installmental payment options are also offered to help students pay tuition fees with ease.
3. Campus Life
There are many opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities at Wellspring University. Some options include:
- Over 30 sports teams and clubs like football, basketball, swimming, etc. Students can participate as players or spectators.
- Cultural clubs like drama, dance, music, etc. The university organizes an annual cultural week and talent show.
- Faith-based groups, charity organizations, debate clubs, student government, and other special interest groups.
- Accommodation – The university provides optional on-campus hostel rooms and apartments for students. Various room options are available at different price points.
- Healthcare – There is a health center on campus with doctors and nurses to meet students’ basic healthcare needs.
- Cafeteria – Affordable meals are available from private food vendors and cafeterias on campus.
There are opportunities for entertainment, skill acquisition, and networking through these activities. Active participation in campus life will enhance your overall experience at Wellspring University.