Do you want to enroll at ABUAD. This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Afe Babalola University is a private university located in Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria. Founded in 2009 by Aare Afe Babalola, a renowned lawyer and philanthropist. As a top private university in Nigeria, Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) offers students a world-class education.
Established in 2009, ABUAD has quickly gained a reputation for excellence. The scenic campus sprawls over 160 hectares and provides students with state-of-the-art facilities, including student housing, recreational centers, and a teaching hospital.
ABUAD offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six colleges: Sciences, Law, Engineering, Social and Management Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Humanities. Students can choose from over 60 majors, including Accounting, Computer Science, Medicine, and Law. The low student-to-faculty ratio ensures students receive individualized attention and mentorship.
Read also:Pamo University Of Medical Sciences
Afe Babalola University List of Courses Offered
Afe Babalola University offers a wide range of courses across six colleges:
College of Law
The College of Law offers programs leading to Bachelor of Law (LL.B) and Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Honors degrees. It also offers master’s and doctoral degree programs in law.
College of Social and Management Sciences
The College of Social and Management Sciences offers courses in:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Public Administration
College of Sciences
The College of Sciences offers courses in:
- Computer Science
- Plant Science
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences offers courses leading to degrees in:
- Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S)
- Medical Laboratory Science
College of Engineering
The College of Engineering offers courses in
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Engineering
- , Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Petroleum Engineering
College of Agricultural Sciences
The College of Agricultural Sciences offers courses in:
- Agricultural Economics,
- Animal Science,
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management,
- Crop Protection,
- Food Science and Technology,
- Forestry Resources Management,
- Soil Science,
- Water Resources Management
Afe Babalola University Admission Requirements
To be admitted into Afe Babalola University, you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must have a minimum of five O’level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent. Candidates must also have a minimum JAMB score of 180.
Candidates must not be less than 16 years of age by October 1st of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit for admission into the University.
Interested candidates can apply for admission into Afe Babalola University through:
- The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) – Candidates are required to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum JAMB score.
- Direct Entry – Candidates with a minimum of upper credit in the National Diploma or approved equivalent may apply for admission into 200 level. Direct Entry candidates must also apply through JAMB.
- ABUAD admission screening application portal – All candidates (UTME and Direct Entry) are required to complete the University’s online application form and write the post-UTME / post-direct entry screening test.
To be fully admitted, candidates must have their complete and correct O’level results, JAMB result / slip, and pass the University’s post-UTME / post-direct entry screening test. Offers of admission will be made based on performance at the post-UTME / post-direct entry screening test and availability of space in the various programs.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the University. Admission is competitive and at the discretion of the University admission committee.
To apply to Afe Babalola University, follow these steps:
Fill out the online application
Visit the university website and complete the online application. You will need to provide personal information like your name, address, and date of birth as well as educational details such as your high school grades and exam scores. There is an application fee that must be paid electronically during the application process.
Submit required documents
Along with the online application, certain documents must be uploaded or mailed to the university. These include:
- High school transcripts: Official copies of transcripts from all high schools attended. Transcripts must show all courses taken and grades earned.
- Reference letters: Two letters of recommendation from teachers who have taught you in major academic subjects. The letters should be on official school letterhead.
- Standardized test scores: Official test scores for required entrance exams like UTME, SAT, ACT or TOEFL. Minimum scores are required for admission consideration.
- Essay: A 500 to 1000 word essay on a topic of your choice. The essay is used to assess your writing skills and learn more about you.
- Application fee payment receipt: The receipt showing payment of the application fee.
Application review and decision
The university will review all applications and supporting documents to determine admission eligibility. Applicants who meet the minimum admission criteria will be invited for an interview. Final admission decisions are usually communicated within 6 to 8 weeks of applying. Applicants will receive an official admission letter by post if accepted.
Read also:Adeleke University High School