Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare: Do you want to enroll at Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? This articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare in Bauchi State has a rich history. The college was established in 1978 as a satellite campus of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College of Education, Bauchi. It became a full-fledged college of education in 1977.
The college is named after Alhaji Aminu Saleh, a prominent son of Bauchi Emirate and one of the founding fathers of Northern Nigeria. Initially, the college offered programs in science, arts, languages, vocational and technical education at the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) level.
Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare:
- Arabic / Hausa
- Arabic / Islamic Studies
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic / English
- Biology / Chemistry
- Biology / Integrated Science
- Christian Religious Studies / English
- Christian Religious Studies / History
- Christian Religious Studies / Hausa
- Chemistry / Integrated Science
- Chemistry / Mathematics
- Chemistry / Physics
- Computer Education / Physics
- Computer Education / Biology
- Computer Education / Chemistry
- Computer Education / Economics
- Christians Religion Studies / Social Studies
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Computer Science / Social Studies
- Economics / English
- Economics / Geography
- Economics / History
- English / Hausa
- English / History
- English / Islamic Studies
- English / Social Studies
- Early Childhood Care Education
- Economics / Mathematics
- Economics / Social Studies
- English / Geography
- Geography / Mathematics
- Hausa / Economics
- Hausa / Geography
- Hausa / Islamic Studies
- History / Islamic Studies
- Igbo / Social Studies
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science / Physics
- Islamic Studies / Social Studies
- Mathematics / Physics
- Primary Education Studies
- Technical Education
- Physical And Health Education (Double Major)
- Computer Education / Integrated Science
- Computer Science / Biology
- Computer Science / Economics
- Fine And Applied Arts (Double Major)
- Home Economics (Double Major)
- Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare Admission Requirements
Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare. Best of luck!
So you’re interested in attending Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare in Bauchi State, Nigeria? That’s great! This teacher training college has a lot to offer. Here are some common questions and answers to help you learn more.
What programs are offered at ASCOEA Azare?
ASCOE Azare offers several diploma and degree programs for aspiring teachers including:
- Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) in multiple specializations
- Master of Education (M.Ed) in Administration, Planning and Social Studies
The college aims to produce professionally qualified and competent teachers for all levels of education in Nigeria.
What is the admission process?
To be admitted into ASCOEA you must:
- Meet the minimum entry requirements for your program of choice
- Apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Successfully complete an entrance exam and interview at the college
- Have at least 5 credits in relevant subjects at the SSCE, NECO or approved equivalent
The admission process is competitive, so aim for high scores and prepare well for your interview.
What facilities and services are available on campus?
ASCOEA aims to provide students with resources and support for success including:
- Fully equipped lecture halls, classrooms, and education training facilities
- Well-stocked library and information/communications technology center
- On-campus accommodation and cafeteria
- Healthcare center staffed by qualified medical professionals
- Guidance and counseling unit
- Sports and recreation facilities