Delar College of Education: Do you want to enroll at Delar College of Education? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
Delar College of Education Ido Ekiti State is a tertiary institution for training teachers in Ekiti State, Nigeria. Established in 1990, the college aims to produce high quality teachers and enhance teacher education.
Delar College of Education offers the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) program, a three-year course that leads to a teaching career in primary and secondary schools. The college has six academic departments: Agriculture, Arts and Social Sciences, Languages, Sciences, Vocational and Technical Education, and Educational Foundation. Students take general education courses as well as focused courses in their area of specialization.
To gain admission into Delar College of Education, prospective students must have at least five credits in relevant subjects at the Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE) including English Language and Mathematics. The college has a student population of over 3,000. Facilities at the college include lecture halls, science laboratories, workshops, hostels, staff quarters, and recreational centers.
Delar College of Education emphasizes teacher training and focuses on developing students’ teaching skills through teaching practice. Students participate in teaching practice at affiliated primary and secondary schools to gain hands-on experience. The college also organizes seminars, workshops and conferences for teachers and educators in the state.
Delar College of Education has produced many notable alumni who are impacting education in Nigeria. If you aspire to become a teacher, Delar College of Education provides a solid foundation and platform to launch your career. With commitment and dedication, you can obtain your NCE in three years and join the teaching profession, shaping young minds and influencing the future.
Delar College of Education List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at Delar College of Education:
- Agricultural Science
- Biology / Integrated Science
- Biology / Mathematics
- Biology / Chemistry
- Business Education
- Chemistry / Physics
- Christian Religious Studies / Economics
- Christian Religious Studies / English
- Chemistry / Integrated Science
- Chemistry / Mathematics
- Christians Religion Studies / Yoruba
- Computer Education / Physics
- Computer Education / Chemistry
- Christian Religious Studies / Political Science
- Christians Religion Studies / Social Studies
- Computer Education / Economics
- Computer Science / Political Science
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Economics / Political Science
- Economics / Social Studies
- English / Political Science
- Economics / English
- Economics / Mathematics
- English / Yoruba
- English / Yoruba L2
- English / Social Studies
- Fine And Applied Art
- Home Economics
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science / Physics
- Mathematics / Physics
- Mathematics / Social Studies
- Primary Education Studies
- Political Science / Mathematics
- Political Science / Social Studies
- Social Studies / Yoruba
- Yoruba / Social Studies
Delar College of Education Admission Requirement
To gain admission into Delar College of Education, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Delar College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Delar College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Delar College of Education. Best of luck!
So you’re interested in attending Delar College of Education Ido Ekiti State? You probably have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked ones:
What programs are offered?
Delar College of Education offers several undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various areas of education like English, Yoruba, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, etc. The college provides quality education and helps students develop skills to become effective teachers.
What are the admission requirements?
To gain admission into Delar College of Education, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics and 3 other relevant subjects.
- Apply through JAMB and obtain the required cut-off mark. The cut-off mark varies each year.
- Sit for and pass the post-UTME screening exam conducted by the college.
- Meet other requirements like age limits, health conditions, etc. as may be specified by the college.
What facilities are available?
Delar College of Education has good facilities to support effective learning:
- Well-equipped science and language laboratories.
- A large library with many books, journals, magazines, newspapers, etc. to meet students’ research needs.
- Standard classrooms and lecture theaters.
- A health center that provides basic medical care and first aid services.
- Sports facilities for football, basketball, volleyball, etc.
- Accommodation facilities like hostels and cafeterias for students and staff.
- ICT facilities with many computers, strong Internet connectivity, etc.
- Electricity generators to provide power when public power is out.