Africans who want to move to the US would require a visa based mostly on the reason for their stay.
Right here, we’ll detail all of the frequent sorts of US visas and the application course of to information you in your US visa application.
Common Kinds of US Visas
When you’re trying to further your education within the US, you’ll have to apply for a student visa.
The USA welcomes overseas students and only requires that you have to be accepted and accredited by your college or program to be supplied a student visa.
As soon as accepted, the educational institutions will provide the applicant with the necessary approval documentation to be submitted during the student visa process.
Exchange Visitor Visa
The United States allows overseas citizens to take part in exchange programs. Nevertheless, you’ll have to be accepted and accredited by an authorized program sponsor.
When accepted, the applicant will probably be supplied with the required documentation by the educational establishment or program sponsors.
Transit/Ship Crew Visa
A foreigner traveling in instant and steady transit through the US en-route to a overseas destination would require a valid transit visa.
For crew members serving onboard a sea vessel or plane within the US, they are going to need a crew visa. The latter may require each a transit/crew visa to be allowed passage.
If you wish to work in the United States temporarily as a non-immigrant, you will want a work visa. There are a number of sorts of work visas supplied to non-immigrants based mostly on the U.S. immigration law.
You have to your employer to fill petition which should be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) earlier than you’ll be able to apply for a work visa.
Home Worker Visa
Private or domestic servants accompanying an employer to the US will be capable of applying for B-1 visa.
This contains housemaids, valets, footmen, cooks, butlers, chauffeurs, gardeners, nannies, au pairs, and mothers’ helpers.
How one can Apply for a US Visa from Africa
- You need to possess a valid International passport
- Pay the visa application fee. There are various kinds of charges for various kinds of visas, nonetheless, you possibly can pay all charges on the designated bank or achieve this on-line.
Remember the fact that the visa application payment is non-refundable and you’ll have to present your receipt to confirm your cost.
- Subsequent, you’ll have to fill the DS-160 form. Read the guidelines for finishing the DS-160 form before filling the form.
Pay attention to the information supplied and ensure they’re accurate. As soon as the form is submitted, you’ll not be allowed to make corrections.
You’ll be able to seek the advice of an agent, immigration lawyer, or translator to guide you in filling the form.
As soon as the form is submitted, you will want your DS-160 number to guide an appointment.
- Subsequent, you’ll have to create a profile with the US immigration service to schedule your visa appointment.
- As soon as created, you will be able to schedule an appointment out of your dashboard.
- You’ll have to present the following details to schedule your appointment
- Your passport number
- The receipt variety of the visa fee payment
- The ten (10) digit barcode quantity from the applicant’s DS-160 confirmation page
- Go to The United States Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview. You can be required to offer all of your documents plus extra documentation relying in your visa type.
- On the Embassy, your fingerprints will be scanned.
- In case your visa application is accredited, it will likely be sent to the document drop-off location you selected when scheduling your appointment.