Awori District College of Education: Do you want to enroll at Awori District College of Education? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? The articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
The Awori District College of Education is a teacher training institution located in Ogun State, South West Nigeria. It was established to help combat the shortage of teachers in primary and secondary schools. The college started with the National Certificate in Education (NCE) program with just 87 students.
Over the years, the college has grown tremendously. It now offers various NCE programs in different specializations like English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Yoruba, Igbo, Music, Fine Arts, and more. There are over 2,500 students currently enrolled.
Awori District College of Education List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at Awori District College of Education:
- Christians Religion Studies / Social Studies
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Business Education
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Economics / Mathematics
- Economics / Social Studies
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Islamic Studies / Christain Religious Studies
- Islamic Studies / Social Studies
- Primary Education Studies
Awori District College of Education Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Awori District College of Education, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. Knowing these in advance will help ensure your application is complete and increases your chances of acceptance.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics, one Science subject and two other subjects at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO or five credits at one sitting.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-primary education.
- Must have a minimum of upper credit in relevant ND program for Direct Entry candidates.
- Must meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for admission into the college. The cut-off mark varies from year to year based on competition.
- Must have chosen Awori District College of Education as first choice when registering for JAMB.
To apply for admission into Awori District College of Education, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the college’s admission form from the admission office or download from the college’s website. Read through carefully and fill accurately.
- Attach photocopies of your credentials including BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC/NECO results, Local Government of Origin, etc. to the completed form.
- Submit the completed admission form with the required documents to the admission office before the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Check the admission list on the college’s website or admission office notice board to confirm if offered provisional admission.
- Accept the offer of admission on the college’s website or admission office within the stipulated time. Failure to accept within the deadline will lead to forfeiture of admission.
- Proceed to the college for screening and registration upon resumption. Come along with originals of the documents attached to your admission form for verification.
Following these admission guidelines carefully will set you on the path to becoming a student of Awori District College of Education. Best of luck!
What programs does the college offer?
Awori District College of Education offers several undergraduate programs, including:
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood & Primary Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Business Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Needs Education)
The college also offers postgraduate diploma programs in education and several master’s degrees in education.
What is the admission process?
To be admitted as an undergraduate, you need to meet the basic entry requirements like a high school diploma and minimum scores on college entrance exams. The admission process typically includes:
- Submitting an application with official transcripts, exam scores, recommendations, etc.
- Attending an interview. The interview helps determine if you’re a good fit for the teaching profession.
- Receiving an admission decision. If accepted, you’ll receive details on enrollment and orientation.
What student life is like?
Student life at Awori District College of Education focuses on community, leadership, and professional development. Some highlights include:
- Active student government and clubs. There are many opportunities to get involved in campus organizations and events.
- Mentorship programs. Senior students often mentor newcomers to help them adjust to college life.
- Practical experience. Students get hands-on experience through teaching practice, internships, and community service.
- Accommodation. On-campus housing is available for students who don’t live locally. Most students live in shared rooms and dormitories.
- Sports and recreation. The college has facilities for various sports and games, including football, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, etc. Intramural sports competitions are held regularly.