Do you want to enroll at Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE)? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
In Delta State, Nigeria, the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) was formed and approved during a meeting of the Federal Executive Council on March 14, 2007, and it enrolled its first group of undergraduate students in 2008.
It was an initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria to develop a specialized university in the Niger Delta in order to produce a middle and higher level workforce and expertise for the oil and gas business.
This institution was formed as part of that initiative. First of its kind in Africa and sixth in the world, the Federal institution of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) is the sixth petroleum institution overall.
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), located in Delta State, Nigeria, was founded in March 2007. FUPRE is the first institution of its kind to be established in Africa, and it is destined to become the leading international institution-of-choice.
FUPRE List Of Courses
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Management And Toxicology
- Environmental Science
- Industrial Chemistry
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
FUPRE Admission Requirements
Students who are interested in attending the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) are expected to fulfill and possess the qualifications that are listed below.
- Candidate is required to have finished his primary school and be in possession of a valid FSLC certificate.
- Candidate is required to have finished their secondary education and be in possession of a secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate needs to have a minimum of 5 credit passes (including Mathematics and English Language) from either WAEC or NECO, and they can only take the exam twice.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is the organization that candidates need to acquire the JAMB form from in order to register for and take the examination that is administered by JAMB.
- Students seeking admission into the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) must not only achieve a score that is higher than the JAMB cut off mark, but they must also achieve a score that is higher than the departmental cut off mark established by the university for the applied programme of study they intend to pursue.
- The applicant is required to enroll for the school’s Post UTME examination and achieve a score that is higher than the minimum post UTME cut off mark that has been established by the institution.
Admission Requirement through Direct Entry:
- To be considered qualified for direct entry admission, the student must be in possession of a current IJMB certificate.
- If a student wants to be considered qualified for direct entry admission, they need to have either an ND or NCE certificate.
- If a student wants to apply with an ND or NCE certificate, they need to make sure that they graduated with a grade point average of at least 3.0 or an upper credit in order to be considered qualified for admission.
- Additionally, students are required to acquire the schools direct entrance form either directly from the JAMB registration online or directly from the school grounds themselves.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE), candidates must have JAMB and UTME scores that are higher than the institution’s required minimum.
FUPRE Hostel Accommodation
Hostel accommodation has been made available for both undergraduate and post graduate students. Hostel accommodation fee is 30,000 naira per student. It is highly a first come first serve policy.
FUPRE Cut-Off Mark
In order to be eligible to participate in the FUPRE Post UTME Screening Exercise, candidates must have made the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun their first choice in the most recent Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and they must have received a total score of 170 or higher in the recently written JAMB.
The cutoff mark for this school is 170 though some courses require a higher cutoff mark.
FUPRE School fees
School tuition at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun is now set at a rate of N120,000 for new students and N57,050 for returning students. You will need to examine the costs that are associated with each department on the official website of the school if you are a new student. Additionally, payment would be completed through the use of the web portal.
Please be aware that the amounts of the fees for FUPRE Part-time, Postgraduates, Direct Entry, and Freshers are all different from one another. When you go to the website fupre.edu.ng, you will immediately be able to get a fee breakdown that is tailored to your particular program and displayed on the portal.
The tuition and fees for all of FUPRE’s courses, including Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Computer Science, Mass Communication, and Law, are essentially the same.
This includes the fees for the remainder of the courses as well. You can obtain additional details by visiting the website www.fupre.edu.ng/eportals.
All newly enrolled students as well as continuing students at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun now have access to the most recent version of the school fees schedule.
The FUPRE payment site is where all students are required to pay their acceptance fee as well as any other fees required by the school and complete any other required tasks.
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun has made it quite plain that those who pay their bills late would be subject to penalties in the form of additional fees.