Do you want to enroll at LASUED? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About the School
Lagos State University of Education (LASUED) was established in 1994 as the first university of education in Nigeria. The goal was to produce quality teachers to help address the shortage of qualified educators in Lagos State.
The university has a proud history of excellence and innovation. It was the first institution in Nigeria to establish a Distance Learning Center and also pioneered the introduction of degree programs in Guidance and Counseling as well as Educational Management.
Over the years, LASUED has produced over 50,000 teachers and educators. Notable alumni include the former Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Professor Rahamon Adisa Bello, and Professor Comfort Ekpo, the first female professor of Guidance and Counseling in Nigeria.
With a vision to be a leading university of education in Africa, LASUED continues to expand its programs and facilities to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to thrive in the 21st century. The university aims to cultivate reflective, innovative and technologically savvy teachers who can inspire future generations.
Through its rich history and strong vision, Lagos State University of Education has established itself as a bastion of teaching excellence in Nigeria. By producing high-caliber and morally upright teachers, LASUED contributes to the sustainable development of education in Lagos State and beyond.
LASUED List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the courses offered at LASUED:
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES EDUCATION (COHED)
- B.A. History & Diplomatic Studies
- B.A. Ed. Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. Ed. History & Diplomatic Studies
- B.A. Theatre & Performing Arts
- B.A. Ed Islamic Studies
- B.A. Islamic Studies
- B.A. Fine Arts
- B.A. Ed. Music
- B.A. Music
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION (COSED)
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology
- B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc Ed. Integrated Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Physics
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Ed. Statistics
- B.Sc. Statistics
- B.Sc. Ed. Health Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Human Kinetics
COLLEGE OF INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (COFTED)
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Educational Technology
- B.Sc. Ed. Automobile Technology
- B.5c. Ed. Woodwork Technology
- B.Sc. Ed. Electrical Technology
- B.Sc. Ed.Metalwork Technology
- B.Sc Library and Information Science
COLLEGE OF VOCATIONAL AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION (COVED)
- B.Sc.Ed. Home Economics
- B.Sc. Ed. Agriculture Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Accounting
- B.Sc. Ed. Business Education
- B Sc. Home Economics
- B.Sc. Ed. Secretarial Administration
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B. Ed. Entrepreneurship
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION (COMSSED)
- B.Sc Ed. Economics
- B.Sc. Ed. Educational Management
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Geography
- B.Sc. Ed. Social Studies
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Geography
- B.Sc. Transport Management
- B.Ed. Civic and Citizenship
COLLEGE OF SPECIALIZED AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION [COSPED)
- B.Ed Early Childhood Care Education
- B.Ed Primary Education Studies
- B.Ed Counselling Pychology
- B.Ed Special Education
- B.Ed Adult Education
COLLEGE OF LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION ARTS EDUCATION (COLCAED)
- B.A Ed English
- B.A Ed French
- B.A English
- B.A Ed. Arabic
- B.A Ed Igbo
- B.A French
- B.A Arabic
- B.A Ed Yoruba
- B.A Yoruba
- B.A Igbo
- B.A Ed Hausa
- B.A Hausa
LASUED Admission Requirements
To be admitted as an undergraduate student at Lagos State University of Education, you must meet the following requirements:
You must have at least five credits at the Ordinary Level (O’ Level), including English Language and Mathematics, and three credits at the Advanced Level (A’ Level) or its equivalent in relevant subjects. For some courses, a credit in Physics may be required.
Applicants must not be over 25 years of age for those seeking admission into the University through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). However, there are no age restrictions for Direct Entry applicants.
All candidates are required to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those seeking admission through Direct Entry. Candidates must obtain the prescribed UTME cut-off mark for their chosen course.
Direct Entry Requirements
Direct Entry applicants must obtain at least two A’ Level passes or its equivalent in relevant subjects. Candidates with a Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of Upper Credit may be considered.
Registration and Application
All applicants, including Direct Entry candidates, must register and apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Candidates must provide all required documents to complete their admission, including O’Level results, birth certificate or age declaration and JAMB result slip.
With the right qualifications and by following the application procedures, you’ll be on your way to a rewarding education at Lagos State University of Education. Best of luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
Lagos State University of Education receives many inquiries from prospective students and their parents. Here are some of the most common questions and answers:
What programs does the university offer?
Lagos State University of Education offers diplomas, undergraduate degrees, and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subject areas, including:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Vocational and Technical Education
The university has over 60 accredited programs across 8 faculties.
What is the admission process?
Admission to Lagos State University of Education is competitive. The application process includes:
- Meeting the minimum entry requirements of 5 credits in relevant subjects at the WAEC/NECO level.
- Purchasing and completing the application form, either online or in person.
- Sitting for and passing the post-UTME screening exam. Candidates who pass the exam will be invited for an interview.
- Attending an interview to assess the candidate’s suitability for their desired program.
- Checking admission status online and accepting the offer of admission.
What facilities does the university offer?
The university offers modern facilities to support students’ learning and daily needs, including:
- Well-equipped classrooms and lecture theaters
- Science laboratories
- A library with books, periodicals, and online resources
- Student accommodation and cafeterias
- Sporting facilities for football, basketball, and other sports
- A health center providing basic medical care
- Chaplaincy and places of worship for students of different faiths
Lagos State University of Education aims to provide students with a conducive environment for learning and personal growth during their studies.