Do you want to enroll at OOU? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) is a coeducational public university located in Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria. Founded in 1982, OOU aims to promote learning and advance knowledge through quality research and academic excellence.
OOU has a long and rich history. It began as the Ogun State University and was renamed in 2001 after Chief Olabisi Onabanjo, the first civilian governor of Ogun State. The university currently has over 50,000 students and 2,000 staff across three campuses.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a wide range of disciplines through nine faculties: Agriculture, Arts, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Pharmacy, and Science. OOU also has institutes for Entrepreneurial Studies, Governance and Development Studies, as well as a Center for Part-Time Studies to promote lifelong learning.
OOU is focused on nurturing students to become responsible citizens and future leaders. The university aims to produce graduates equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, and values to contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of Nigeria and beyond.
With a vision to be a center of excellence, OOU continues to build strategic partnerships, strengthen its research capacity, and improve learning and teaching to provide students a holistic education experience. The university looks forward to many more years of developing future generations of thinkers, innovators and change-makers.
OOU List of Courses Offered
- AGRIC-EXTENSION & RURAL SOCIOLOGY
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & FARM MANAGEMENT
- APPLIED ZOOLOGY
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- CROP PRODUCTION
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL LAW
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION & INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & SOCIAL STUDIES
- ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- EDUCATION & COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & FRENCH
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & PHYSICS
- EDUCATION & POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & YORUBA
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- FINE/APPLIED ARTS
- FORESTRY WILDLIFE & FISHERIES
- GEOGRAPHY & REGIONAL PLANNING
- GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING
- HISTORY & DIPLOMATIC STUDIES
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HOME ECONOMICS
- HOME & HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL & LABOUR RELATIONS
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MEDICINE & SURGERY
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- NURSERY & PRIMARY EDUCATION
- PERFORMING ARTS
- PLANT SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- SECRETARIAL ADMINISTRATION
- SPORT SCIENCE
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TRANSPORT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
- URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
OOU Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), prospective students must meet certain requirements. These requirements vary depending on the program and level of study. Here are the general admission requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at OOU:
OOU Admission Requirements by UTME
- For admission to OOU in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the OOU post UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to OOU
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
OOU Admission Requirements by Direct Entry:
Candidates seeking direct admission to OOU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants for postgraduate programs must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with a minimum grade point average (GPA) as specified by the university.
- Transcripts: Candidates are required to submit their academic transcripts, showing the courses taken and grades obtained during their undergraduate studies.
- Entrance Examination: Depending on the program, applicants may be required to take an entrance examination to assess their aptitude and knowledge in the chosen field of study.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must provide letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees who can attest to their academic ability and potential for success in the chosen program.