Do you wish to learn more about the admission requirements and course offered at Port Harcourt polytechnic?
If yes, you should read this post because it has all the details you need about the school.
About The School
A public university called Port Harcourt Polytechnic is located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The Rivers State Government oversees and finances the institution.
Elechi Amadi Polytechnic, popularly known as Port Harcourt Polytechnic, has a certified and well-trained teaching team.
It was formerly called Rivers state college of arts and science. In 1999, the Rivers State College of Arts and Science underwent a reorganization with the goal of providing programs leading to the issuance of diplomas and certificates in a number of fields.
These are additional to academic credentials and the IJMB. The institution has three schools: the Institute of Continuing Education, Arts, Science, and Preliminary Studies.
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) authorized Rivers State College of Arts and Science to provide programs leading to the National Diploma (ND) in 2006.
As a result, Rivers State College of Arts and Science was transformed into a polytechnic that was supported by the Rivers State government and governed by the NBTE. In June 2016, a measure that was approved by the Rivers State House of Assembly changed the institution’s name to Port Harcourt Polytechnic.
The School of Environmental Sciences, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of Engineering Technology, the School of Management Sciences, and the School of Science and Technology make up the institution.
Cutoff Mark For Port Harcourt Polytechnic
The passing score at Port Harcourt Polytechnic is 120. Candidates must receive a score of at least 120 in the 2023 UTME in order to be eligible for the Post UTME screening and admission.
Courses Offered At Port Harcourt Polytechnic
The Port Harcourt Polytechnic’s course offerings include:
- Agricultural Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Office Technology and Management
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Public Administration
- Computer Engineering
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
Port Harcourt Polytechnic Admission Requirements
Before submitting an application for admission, all applicants must consider these admission requirements, according to the Port-Harcourt Polytechnic’s management.
Knowing the Port-Harcourt Polytechnic’s (Port-Harcourt Poly) admission requirements before applying is the first step to taking the 2023–2024 academic year.The minimum credit requirement for applicants is five, including English language and math.
National Diploma (ND)
Here are the Port-Harcourt Polytechnic (Port-Harcourt Poly) Admission Requirements for the UTME for 2023 and 2024.
- Obtain a minimum of 120 in the UTME conducted by JAMB and choose Port-Harcourt Polytechnic as their first or second choice institution.
- Possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in either WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB.
- Apply for the ND program of their choice through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and select Port-Harcourt Polytechnic as their preferred institution.
Participate in the post-UTME screening exercise conducted by the polytechnic and score at least the required cutoff mark for their chosen course of study.
- Meet all other specific requirements for their chosen course of study, such as possessing the required O’level subjects and grades and any other additional admission requirements.
Candidates who meet these criteria and are offered admission into Port-Harcourt Polytechnic are required to undergo the institution’s registration process and pay the prescribed fees to secure their admission.
National Higher Diploma (HND)
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A National Diploma in the pertinent discipline from Captain Elechi Amadi Polytechnic or another reputable Polytechnic with a least Lower Credit.
- Proof of one year of applicable Industrial Works Experience Scheme (SIWES) after receiving a National Diploma (ND).
- Applicants must fulfill all prerequisites for enrollment in the chosen department’s relevant ND programs.
- Applicants from other polytechnics should make sure that their institutions send their academic transcripts to the Registrar, Captain Elechi Amadi Polytechnic, in a timely manner.
How To Fill Out The Admission Form For HND At Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Online applications for all programs should be submitted via the Polytechnic’s website, http://ecampus.portharcourtpoly.edu.ng or www.portharcourtpoly.edu.ng.
The cost of the application form is merely 12,000 Naira (N12,000.00). Every applicant must also pay additional bank and portal fees totaling 300 Naira (N300.00) and two thousand five hundred Naira (N2, 500.00) respectively.
- All qualified applicants should submit their applications online by visiting portharcourtpoly.edu.ng or http://ecampus.portharcourtpoly.edu.ng and make an e-payment. Candidates can make the e-payment by creating a transaction ID for the fee online, using the Pay Direct option, or by paying with a Verve or Master Card that has Interswitch functionality. The designated banks are Zenith Bank, First Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Sterling Bank, FCMB, and Union Bank.
- Take notice that before submitting their application receipts to the admissions office for review, all applicants must first submit them to the bursary department for verification.
The Admissions Office must receive printed copies of all completed online forms along with confirmed information.