Do you want to enroll at EDSU? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Edo State University is a public university in Edo State, Southern Nigeria. The university was established in early 2016. Edo State University has no religious affiliation and will therefore be a culturally diverse university, unlike most state universities. Edo State University tuition fee is quite expensive and offers more than any state university in Nigeria. The university offers bachelor’s degrees in engineering, science and technology, arts, management and social sciences.
EDSU List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at EDSU:
- ARABIC STUDIES
- ANIMAL & ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
- BANKING & FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & ARABIC
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & PHYSICS
- ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- MEDICINE & SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PEACE & CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
- PLANT SCIENCE & BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
EDSU Admission Requirements
To be admitted as an undergraduate student at EDSU, you must meet the following requirements:
EDSU Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to EDSU in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the EDSU post UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to EDSU
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject.
- Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
EDSU Admission Requirements by Direct Entry:
Candidates seeking direct admission to EDSU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
The application process to gain admission into EDSU typically involves the following steps:
- Purchase the University’s admission form online at the official website or designated bank branches.
- Complete and submit the admission form, ensuring all required information and documents are provided before the deadline. This includes a copy of your credentials, birth certificate, and passport photograph.
- Take the necessary admission screening test, such as UTME. Meet the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Check admission status on the University website and proceed to accept your offer if admitted.
- Present yourself for screening and registration at the stipulated date with all original credentials.
- Proceed to undertake a medical examination at the University Medical Center.
- Complete your registration by paying the necessary tuition fees.
Meeting the above admission requirements and following the stipulated procedures does not guarantee automatic admission into the University. Admission will depend on the number of available spaces in the various departments and the performance of candidates at the UTME and Post-UTME.