Do you want to enroll at LASUSTECH? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About the School
Lagos State University of Science and Technology (LASUSTECH) has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1977, LASUSTECH is a public university in Lagos State, Nigeria with a focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
LASUSTECH has two campuses – one in Isolo and one in Ikorodu. The university currently offers over 70 undergraduate and postgraduate programs across six faculties: Engineering, Science, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Agriculture and Education.
LASUSTECH aims to produce graduates equipped with theoretical and practical knowledge in science and technology for self-employment and to meet the high-level manpower needs of the industry. The university also emphasizes entrepreneurial skills to enable graduates to become job creators rather than job seekers.
LASUSTECH is recognized as one of the top universities of technology in Nigeria. Notable alumni include accomplished scientists, engineers, and leaders making an impact across the country. The university has won numerous accolades for excellence in research, innovation, and community service.
With a focus on practical learning and real-world experience, LASUSTECH provides students a solid foundation to pursue successful careers in a variety of fields. The university continues to build on its prestigious reputation and nurture future generations of leaders in science, technology and beyond.
LASUSTECH List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the courses offered at LASUSTECH:
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Application Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Civil & Construction Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biotechnology & Food Technology
- Agricultural Engineering
COLLEGE OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Arts & Industrial design
- Quantity Surveying
- Building Technology
COLLEGE OF BASIC SCIENCES
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physics with Electronics
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Science
COLLEGE OF APPLIED SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication Science & Technology
- Economic Science
- Actuarial Science
- Banking & Finance
- Office& Information Technology
- Business Administration
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
- Crop Protection
- Agricultural Economics & Farm Management
- Horticulture and Landscape Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
- Animal Production
- Aqua Culture and Fisheries Management
LASUSTECH Admission Requirements
To be admitted as an undergraduate student at Lagos State University of Science and Technology (LASUSTECH), you must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Entry Requirements
To qualify for admission into LASUSTECH, you must:
- Possess at least five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in WASSE/SSCE/GCE or its equivalent, including English Language, Mathematics and subjects relevant to your course of study.
- Attain an acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The minimum UTME score varies based on the course of study and according to guidelines by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
- Meet all additional entry requirements specific to your proposed course of study, such as prerequisite O’level subjects.
To apply for admission into LASUSTECH, you must:
- Purchase and complete the application form for admission either online or in person. Online applications are preferred.
- Submit the completed form with two recent passport-sized photographs and photocopies of your credentials to the Admissions Office before the deadline.
- Partake in a post-UTME screening exercise which may involve an oral interview or written exam. Only candidates who are successful in the screening exercise will be considered for admission.
- Check admission status updates regularly on the school website and portal to know if you have been offered provisional admission. If offered admission, proceed to accept the offer and complete your registration.
By following these admission requirements and processes carefully, you stand a good chance of gaining entry into Lagos State University of Science and Technology. Best of luck!
Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for students?
Lagos State University of Science and Technology offers several scholarships and financial aid options for students including:
- Merit-based scholarships for high achieving students in their previous institutions.
- Need-based scholarships for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Government-funded loans and bursaries for students who show promise in certain fields of study like engineering, medicine, and technology.
- Work-study programs where students work part-time at the university in exchange for tuition credits.
What student organizations and clubs are on campus?
There are over 100 recognized student clubs and organizations at Lagos State University of Science and Technology including:
- Academic clubs for each faculty and department. These clubs provide opportunities for students to network and connect around their field of study.
- Cultural clubs that celebrate the diversity of cultures on campus. This includes language clubs, religious groups, and ethnic associations.
- Social clubs centered around hobbies and interests like sports, gaming, volunteering, and activism.
- Student government groups that advocate on behalf of students and organize campus events.
Does the university have exchange or study abroad programs?
Yes, Lagos State University of Science and Technology has partnerships with over 50 universities around the world for student exchange and study abroad programs. Students can study at partner institutions for a semester or a full academic year while paying Lagos State University tuition fees. Some of the options include:
- Exchange programs in English-speaking countries like the United States, Canada, UK, and Australia.
- Programs where students can learn a new language by studying in non-English speaking European and Asian countries.
- Summer abroad programs for a more short-term cultural experience over the summer break.
- Field schools for hands-on learning in another country related to a student’s area of study.
These global opportunities provide students with a chance to gain new perspectives, learn valuable skills, and experience different cultures. The university encourages all students to participate in at least one exchange or study abroad program during their time at Lagos State University of Science and Technology.