Do you wish to learn more about the admission requirements and course offered at Niger state polytechnic ? If yes, you should read this post because it has all the details you need concerning the Niger state polytechnic.
About The School
Niger State Polytechnic is a tertiary educational institution located in Zungeru, Niger State, Nigeria. It was established in 1991 and offers various academic programs in the fields of engineering, science and technology, management studies, and environmental studies.
The polytechnic has several faculties including the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management Studies, and Faculty of Environmental Studies. It offers programs leading to the award of National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) certificates, as well as other professional and academic qualifications.
Niger State Polytechnic is known for its commitment to providing quality education and practical training to its students. It also boasts of a serene and conducive learning environment, state-of-the-art facilities, and a team of experienced and dedicated lecturers and staff.
Niger State Polytechnic Admission requirements
The admission requirements for Niger State Polytechnic vary depending on the level of study and the program applied for.
Here are the general admission requirements:
National Diploma (ND)
To be eligible to apply for the UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) for admission into Niger State Polytechnic, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Age Requirement: Candidates must have attained the age of 16 years or above as at the time of application.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings in either WASSCE, NECO or NABTEB.
- JAMB UTME Examination: Candidates must have taken the UTME examination and scored at least 120.
Choice of Institution and Course: Candidates must have chosen Niger State Polytechnic as their first or second choice institution and have indicated their preferred course of study.
- Registration: Candidates must have completed the online registration for the UTME examination, including the choice of institution and course.
After meeting these criteria, candidates will be required to participate in the post-UTME screening exercise conducted by the polytechnic. The screening exercise usually involves a written examination and an oral interview, and candidates will be assessed based on their performance in these tests.
The results of the screening exercise will be used to determine the candidates’ eligibility for admission into the polytechnic.
Higher National Diploma (HND):
To be eligible for admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) program at Niger State Polytechnic, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- National Diploma: Candidates must possess a National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution in a relevant field of study.
- Academic Requirements: Candidates must have completed the ND program with a minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA of 2.50) in the relevant field of study.
Industrial Training: Candidates must have completed the mandatory one-year Industrial Training (IT) program after the ND program.
- JAMB Admission Letter: Candidates must possess a valid JAMB admission letter indicating their admission into the ND program.
- Transcripts: Candidates must request for and present their academic transcripts from their previous institutions.
Relevant Work Experience: Candidates must have a minimum of one year post-ND relevant work experience in their chosen field of study.
- O’level Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings in either WASSCE, NECO, or NABTEB.
Candidates who meet these requirements will be invited for a screening exercise where they will be assessed based on their academic qualifications, work experience, and performance in the screening test. Successful candidates will be offered admission into the HND program at Niger State Polytechnic.
How To Submit HND Form
To submit an application form for the Higher National Diploma (HND) program at Niger State Polytechnic, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Niger State Polytechnic website at www.nigerpoly.edu.ng and click on the “Apply” button.
Select the HND program from the list of available programs.
- Fill the online application form with your personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, and other required information.
- Upload scanned copies of your ND result, IT letter, JAMB admission letter, academic transcripts, O’level results, and other relevant documents as specified in the application form.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee through the online payment platform provided on the polytechnic website.
- Submit the completed application form and print the confirmation page for future reference.
After submitting the application form, you will be required to participate in the polytechnic’s screening exercise. The screening exercise usually involves a written examination and an oral interview, and candidates will be assessed based on their academic qualifications, work experience, and performance in the screening test. The results of the screening exercise will be used to determine the candidates’ eligibility for admission into the HND program at Niger State Polytechnic.
Course offered in Niger state polytechnic
Niger State Polytechnic offers a wide range of courses across various faculties. Here are some of the courses offered by the institution:
Faculty of Engineering:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Science and Technology:
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Food Science Technology
- Hospitality Management and Tourism
Faculty of Management Studies:
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
Faculty of Environmental Studies:
- Building Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
In addition to the above-listed courses, Niger State Polytechnic also offers various professional and vocational courses, including Certificate and Diploma courses.
The institution continually reviews its course offerings to align them with industry needs and to ensure that its graduates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen career paths.
Niger State Polytechnic Cutoff Mark
The cutoff mark for Niger State Polytechnic varies depending on the program and the level of study. However, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set the minimum cutoff mark for admission into polytechnics in Nigeria at 120.
This means that to be eligible for admission into Niger State Polytechnic, candidates must have scored at least 120 in the UTME examination. However, it is important to note that meeting the cutoff mark does not guarantee admission into the polytechnic as the institution also considers other factors such as the number of available slots, the candidate’s O’level result, and performance in the post-UTME screening exercise.
Candidates are advised to aim for higher scores in the UTME examination as this increases their chances of being admitted into the institution.