Want to Enroll at Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic?
This article is written to guide you on what you need to know about the Polytechnic
Like you, many students have similar questions on what course to go for. For those applicants wishing to enroll at Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, we took the effort to compose this post.
Students looking for a list of recognized courses available at Akwa Poly but unsure of which to choose will also find this page helpful.
It’s crucial to understand the focus of the course before selecting it. You must be aware of the course’s career prospects, UTME subject combinations, O’level requirements, and the number of applicants.
An exhaustive list of Akwa Poly’s authorized courses is available on this website. We hope that this information will be useful to you as you get ready to apply for admission to the institution.
About the Polytechnic
The Akwa Ibom State Government’s Decree No. 11 of 1991 established the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic. As Akwa Ibom state split out from cross river state in 1987, the decision was made to create the institution.
On Friday, January 24, 1992, the facility was formally commissioned. 961 pupils in all were accepted and registered in the 15 (fifteen) academic programs that the ministry of education had set up. The courses were offered in engineering, communication arts, environmental studies, and the sciences. 3 (three) principle officers and 492 (academic and non-academic) staff members, the majority of whom were moved from Polytechnic Calabar, made up the comparable personnel strength.
However, the position is different; there are 676 employees overall, including 253 lecturers, 244 senior non-academic employees, and 179 junior employees. The number of students has also grown. However, due to the programs’ lack of accreditation between the 1996 and 2000, the number of academic programs fell to 8 Currently, 15 programs at the national diploma (ND) and 7 (seven) higher national diploma (HND) levels have received complete accreditation from the NBTE.
Course Catalog at Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
The Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic’s official list of courses is shown below. When a new course is introduced, this page will immediately update.
The following are the Akwa Poly courses:
- Banking and Finance
- Arts and Design
- Building Technology
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Estate Management
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Computer Science
- Generally Studies
- Hotel and Catering Management
- Legal Studies
- Public Administration
- Technology and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Technology and Management
- Regional and Urban Planning
You must fulfill the criteria given below in order to be admitted to study in your desired course:
- Pass the SSCE or its equivalent with at least five (5) credits in no more than two (2) sittings.
- At the time of application, you must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicant must surpass the current Akwa Poly cutoff mark.
If you satisfy the mentioned criteria, the university will admit you to enroll in the course of your choosing.
We sincerely hope you found this post on the list of recognized courses offered at Akwa Poly to be useful. If so, kindly spread the word to aid a friend.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Program Entry Requirements
Candidates for admission into the HND programmes will be expected to have the following qualifications:
- National Diploma (ND) requiring five (5) applicable O/L credit passes at WASC, GCE, NECO, and NABTEB at no more than two sittings, each in the appropriate area, and a minimum Lower Credit in the relevant field.
These credit passes must also cover math and English.
- Proof of ND Cognate experience lasting a year (Industrial Training)
- It will be necessary for applicants with a passing grade in the ND to have at least two (2) years of post-national diploma industrial experience.
- Professional credentials like (ICAN), or ACA, ANAN, are advantageous.
NOTE: Only applicants with ND JAMB Registration Numbers will be considered for admission.
Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Cut Off Mark
The cutoff mark for the 2022–2023 academic year has been set at 120 by the management of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic with the permission of the school senate committee on admission. Applicants should be aware of this cutoff score because it will be used to determine admission.
How to Fill Up the AKWAIBOMPOLY Post UTME Form for Akwa Ibom State Poly (AKWAIBOMPOLY Post UTME Form 2022/2023)
- Applicants should go to the school’s website, akwaibompoly.edu.ng, click on online application, and then create an invoice (RRR number) with the following information:
(i) JAMB Reg Number
(ii) Phone number
- For the purpose of the screening process, candidates should visit any commercial bank in Nigeria to obtain an electronic application pin for N2,000.00 (Inclusive of Bank and Other Charges).
- To fill out and submit the application form, go to http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng using the pin. The acknowledgment slip may be downloaded and printed.
- N/B The UTME screening process in 2022–2023 will follow a specific calibrated format. The screening exercise’s results must be published appropriately.