10 Non Governmental Organization (NGO) Scholarships available
NGO Scholarships in Nigeria that aim to help students or business owners who are unable to meet their financial obligations in order to study or operate.
In this page, you will get to locate NGO scholarships for Nigerian academics. Some of these scholarships are fully funded, while others only partially cover the cost of tuition. Others support the development of young people’s businesses in Nigeria.
The list of Non Governmental Organization (NGO) scholarships available in Nigeria is as follows:
- Grants from the Rochas Okorocha Foundation
- WAAW Foundation Grants
- NWAG Scholarship for Female Undergraduate Students
- CRV AmBreed Honors for Foreign Students
- Scholarship from the Tony Elumelu Foundation
- MTN Foundation Scholarship
- Allex Otti Foundation Scholarship
- The Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarship for Bishop Oyedepo
- Guinness Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigeria
Continue reading to view the whole scholarship information.
1. The Rochas Okorocha Foundation Award
Five undergraduate students from each state in Nigeria will receive scholarships from the Rochas Okorocha Foundation. Application for these NGO Scholarships in Nigeria is requested from well qualified scholars.
Rochas Okorocha Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- The minimum score required for the scholarship is 250 on the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Those who have been accepted at other institutions must reapply to Eastern Palm University if they wish to transfer there.
2. Grants from the WAAW Foundation
Scholarships are awarded annually by the WAAW Foundation to students who can demonstrate need and who are enrolled full-time in a STEM-related program at an African university. The establishment of a STEM Outreach Chapter at the winning institution will be required.
Waaw Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
Please review the eligibility requirements before applying. Any undesirable programs will be deleted instantly! Qualification requirements include:
- Female scholars of African descent, residents, and studying in Africa.
- Enrolled right now in a B.S. program for undergraduates.
Taking STEM-related classes at a school or college in Africa.
- Financial help that can be verified
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Demonstrated civic engagement, voluntarism, and leadership
- Less than 32 years old.
- Only first- and second-year scholars are eligible to apply. Also, students in their third year of a five-year discipline
3. NWAG Scholarship for Female Undergraduate Students
Each qualifying Nigerian female undergraduate student enrolled in a university or other higher education facility in Nigeria will receive $200 as part of the scholarship.
- Every applicant must be a woman.
- In whatever field of study, all applicants must be Nigerian undergraduate scholars.
4. The International Student CRV AmBreed Awards
This is another another scholarship provided by an NGO in Nigeria. Also, it is for applicants who are considering pursuing a degree in agriculture. Additionally, it aims to support and inspire students.
Only full-time student must apply. Also, candidates must be enrolled at Massey University in their third year of an undergraduate program in Agriculture or Animal science.
5. The Award from the Tony Elumelu Foundation
The $5,000 award from the Tony Elumelu Foundation also includes business training and coaching.
- Every Candidate must be an African
- Each applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- All applicants must have innovative business ideas and their companies must have been operating for at least three years.
- Additionally, all applicants must adhere to the legal requirements to operate their companies in the African nation.
6. MTN Foundation Grant
MTN Nigeria awards the MTN Scholarship to second- and third-year students in any Nigerian university. The scholarship, which is worth 200,000 Naira annually, is one of many well-known NGO Scholarships offered to students in various degrees in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be Nigerian Nationals enrolled in school there.
- All applicants must be 200- or 300-level undergraduate students.
- A cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.5 or its equivalent is required for all applicants.
READ MORE: MTN Foundation Scholarship 2023
7. Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation
The Foundation, which has a crucial interest in health and education, previously announced a grant for 50 undergraduate students to study medicine at the Latino American Medical School in collaboration with the Venezuelan Embassy in Abuja.
- Every applicant must be a Nigerian National.
- All applicants must have received top marks in their National Examinations Council (NECO) or West African Examination Council (WAEC) exams . As in Physics and Chemistry are advantageous, much like in Biology.
- Each applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 23.
- All applicants must be single.
- All applicants must be in good health
8. Allex Otti Foundation Scholarship
It aims to give teenagers academic options. It is directed at exceptional individuals who have the potential to become future leaders in Abia State. It aids students in Nigerian tertiary institutions in making up for the price of their education.
- Any Nigerian student who is enrolled in a government-owned university and is currently in the 200 Level.
- The candidate must have kept up a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.5.
9. The David Oyedepo Foundation
The David Oyedepo Foundation aims to give young and exceptional African scholars with good academic credentials the opportunity to enroll in undergraduate programs at two of Nigeria’s top universities. Through the annual programs and community development industries, it offers people the possibility to develop the leadership potential that is so glaringly lacking in the leaders of our current world.
- All applicants must be nationals of an African nation and have that status permanently.
- All applicants must be eligible to get a Nigerian student visa
- Possess proficiency in the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Each applicant must have a history of excellence in secondary school performance.
10. Guinness Nigeria Scholarship for Undergraduates
The complete cost of tuition for recipients who are currently enrolled in Nigerian universities and polytechnics will be covered by this scholarship. We also encourage learners from our host residents to apply.
- Electrical, mechanical, chemical, lab science, biochemistry, microbiology, marketing & sales, accounting, and human resources/industrial and labor relations students can access applications.
- The applicant must be a first- or second-year student in one of Nigeria’s polytechnics or universities.