Do you want to enroll at Western Delta University? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Western Delta University is a private university located in Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria. Founded in 2007, the school has grown into a leading university in Nigeria with over 15,000 students.
The university aims to provide students with a high quality education and prepare them for leadership roles in their careers and communities. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs across six colleges: Health Sciences, Law, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business, and Arts and Social Sciences.
Western Delta University is focused on student success. It provides academic support through tutoring centers, mentorship programs, and career counseling services. The school also prioritizes hands-on learning and internship opportunities to give students real-world experience. Extracurricular activities, clubs, and sports teams allow students to pursue their interests outside the classroom.
With its commitment to excellence, innovation, and opportunity, Western Delta University provides a vibrant learning environment where students can achieve their academic and personal goals. The school looks forward to continuing its mission of developing future leaders who will shape Nigeria and beyond.
Western Delta University List Of Courses Available
Western Delta University offers many courses across various disciplines. As a student, you have the opportunity to choose from an array of programs that suit your interests and career goals.
The university offers bachelor’s degrees in fields such as:
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICS
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
- PLANT SCIENCE & MICROBIOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE & PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CRIMINOLOGY & SECURITY STUDIES
- CYBER SECURITY
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & TOXICOLOGY
- FILM AND VIDEO STUDIES
- GEOLOGY & PETROLEUM STUDIES
For those interested in further study, Western Delta University has many postgraduate options including:
- Master’s degrees in Business Administration (MBA), Public Health, Education, Engineering, Law, Accounting, Banking and Finance.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in fields such as Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, and the Sciences.
- Professional degrees in Accounting (ACA), Banking (ACIB), Marketing (AMNIM), Public Relations (APR), Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and more.
Western Delta University Admission Requirements
To gain admission to Western Delta University Nigeria, you must meet certain requirements. These include:
You must have completed senior secondary school and earned at least five credits in not more than two sittings in subjects such as English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects. For some courses, a credit pass in certain subjects may be required.
The minimum age requirement is 16 years. Some courses may have additional age restrictions, so check with the university for details.
You must complete an online application on the university website and submit the following:
- Copies of credentials including senior secondary school certificate or its equivalent.
- A copy of your birth certificate or affidavit of age declaration.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- A copy of your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge certificate (for graduate program applicants).
- letters of recommendation from teachers.
- A 500-word essay on your goals and aspirations.
- A non-refundable application fee. The fee amount varies based on your program of study.
- For some courses, an entrance exam may be required. Check with the university for details.
- International applicants must provide additional documentation to verify citizenship and English language proficiency.
To apply for admission to Western Delta University Nigeria, follow these steps:
Gather Required Documentation
You will need to provide official copies of several documents to apply:
- Secondary school leaving certificate or its equivalent
- ‘O’ level (WAEC/NECO) results
- Birth certificate
- Passport photograph
Complete the Application Form
Fill out the application form which can be accessed on the university website. Provide accurate information about your personal details and academic history.
Pay the Application Fee
There is a non-refundable application fee. The fee can be paid online or at any of the designated banks. Your application will not be processed until the fee has been paid.
Apply for Admission
You can apply for admission online, by post or in person at the Admissions Office. Submit your completed application form and required documents. Your application will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an admission letter.
Accept Your Admission
To secure your admission, you must pay an acceptance fee within the deadline stated in your admission letter. The acceptance fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Failure to pay the acceptance fee will result in your admission being withdrawn.
Meeting all admission requirements and following the application process carefully will ensure your application to Western Delta University Nigeria is successful. Pay close attention to submission deadlines to avoid missing out on this opportunity. If you have any questions about the application process, contact the Admissions Office. They will be happy to assist you further.
Western Delta University is a private university located in Delta State, Nigeria. As a prospective student, you likely have some questions about the university and application process. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help guide you.
What programs does Western Delta University offer?
Western Delta University offers a lot of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in fields.
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Hospitality Management
The university has over 60 programs to choose from. Programs lead to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
What is the application process?
To apply to Western Delta University:
- Meet the minimum admission requirements which include a senior secondary school certificate or its equivalent with at least 5 credit passes.
- Complete the online application which includes personal information, previous education, and program of study. There is an application fee.
- Submit official academic transcripts, test scores, and references if required for your program of study.
- If admitted, you must pay an acceptance fee to secure your placement. Acceptance fees vary by program.
- Prepare to take part in an interview which may be required for some programs. The interview allows the university to further assess your fit and interest in the program.
- Make arrangements to travel to Nigeria for orientation and registration at the start of your first semester. All new students must participate in orientation.
How To get additional information?
For further details on programs, admissions, fees, or life at Western Delta University, please contact the university directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the official website: www.wdu.edu.ng
Prospective students are encouraged to explore the university website which contains comprehensive information on everything Western Delta University has to offer. University staff can also provide guidance over the phone or email to assist you through the application and enrollment process.