Entrance Criteria for Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ekiti
Wondering if the Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti provided the degree you wanted to take in order to advance your education. If so, you’re not the only one.
Like you, many students have similar questions. For all applicants wishing to be accepted at Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti, we took the effort to compose this post.
Students looking for a list of recognized courses offered at Federal Poly Ado will also find this article helpful if they are unsure about what to pursue.
An comprehensive list of Federal Poly Ado’s authorized courses is available on this website. We hope that this information will be useful to you as you get ready to apply for admission to the institution.
This article provides clear details on The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti Courses & Admission Requirements. You will learn about the OND & HND Program Courses available and currently being offered in the Institution. This content will also inform you of the JAMB/UTME score you must achieve in order to qualify for admission, as you yearn to enroll in the Undergraduate Programmes offered at the Institution.
Ado Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti State, is home to the government-owned Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti.
Things you need to know about Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti
The polytechnic offers professional programs, certificates, and diplomas in a variety of fields, including urban and regional planning, quantity surveying, mechanical engineering technology, architectural technology, science laboratory technology, banking and finance, office technology and management, and much more.
Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti was founded as a technical institution in Jos, Plateau State, in January 1977. 350 National Diploma (ND) students made up the institution’s initial student body.
“To train and produce self-reliant manpower for sustained technical development” is the mission statement of Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti.
The next year, the institution was moved by the government to Akure, Ondo State. In 1979, it attained full polytechnic status. But in 1982, the Federal University of Technology moved to Akure, and the polytechnic was moved to Ado-Ekiti.
By 2016, there were 1,500 employees working at Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, and over 10,000 full-time and part-time students.
Entrance Criteria for Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ekiti
OND and HND Programs at the Federal Polytechnic in Ado-Ekiti
The following courses are open to both ND and HND candidates:
APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
- Science, Technology, Laboratory Management, and Food Technology
- Physics and Electronics Microbiology
ARTS AND INDUSTRIAL DESIGN SCHOOL
- Fashion Design
- Garment Technology
BUSINESS STUDIES SCHOOL
- Banking and Finance Accounting
- Office Technology and Management
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology
- Choice for machinery and power Water and Soil
- Civil engineering technology for the post-harvest
- Engineering in Electronics and Telecom
- Technology in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Option: Electronics/Telecommunication
- Choice for Power/Machines
- Manufacturing engineering, mineral and petroleum resources engineering,
- plant and power engineering, and mechanical engineering technology
- Technological Choice in Geological Engineering
- Choice in Mining Engineering Technologies
- Engineering for Mineral Processing School of Environmental Studies
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Building Technology Architectural Technology
- Estate Administration
- Geoinformation, Quantitative Surveying, and Surveying
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Computer Science
- Choices for glass technology science include mathematics and statistics.
- Technology in Food
STUDIES IN SCIENCE AND COMPUTER
- Practical Chemistry
- Physics and Microbiology with Electronics
Qualifications for ND Candidates
You must meet the following prerequisites in order to enroll at The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti:
- Candidates must have earned five credit passes at the O level in no more than two sittings of the WASC, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE.
- To qualify, he or she must have earned passing grades in both English and mathematics in the SSCE or its equivalent.
- To be eligible for admission, applicants must receive a score of at least 150 that is acceptable.entry
Requirements for candidates for the HND
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to enroll in the Federal Polytechnic Ado-Higher Ekiti’s National Diploma program:
- A national diploma in the relevant field, a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.50, To be considered for admission to the polytechnic, students must have completed their National Diploma with a Pass mark of 2.00 to 2.49 CGPA and at least 2 years of work experience.
- Five credits at one sitting of the WASC, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE O level exams, or six credits after two sittings, with English language and mathematics as required subjects as well as other pertinent subjects
All HND candidates must complete one year of industrial training. If you have a pass in your ND result with a two-year industrial training attachment, you will also be considered for admission.
- Applicants must file their transcript from the university where they received their ND, especially if they attended another accredited college.
- The list of current courses being offered at the Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti is as follows: authorized list. Using the information above will allow you to start the enrollment process at The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti.
- You can contact our team of course advisers at any time if you need help or advice that will help you choose the right course to enroll in. Our course advisers are always available and ready to help you with admissions-related issues.
Share this information with your peers, acquaintances, and family members who might be considering Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti as a potential institution to attend.