Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba : Do you want to enroll at Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba ? How about knowing the necessary admission requirements you need to enroll in the school? This articles will guide on the necessary information you need to know about the school. This article entails the list of courses offered by the school and also their admission requirements.
About The School
The Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba is a higher education institution that is run by the federal government and is situated in Asaba City, which is located in Delta State, Nigeria. In terms of the degree programs that it offers, it is associated with the University of Benin. When the College first opened its doors in 1987, it was located in the temporary location of the Asaba Technical College.
The college offers various programs including National Certificate in Education, National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Business Education, Technical Education, Vocational Education and Home Economics. It also provides professional courses and short-term skill acquisition programs.
Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba List of Courses Offered
Below are the list of courses offered at The Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba :
- Adult and Non-Formal Education
- Biology / Integrated Science
- Business Education
- Computer Science Education / Integrated Science
- Chemistry / Integrated Science
- Computer Education / Physics
- Computer Education / Biology
- Computer Education / Chemistry
- Computer Science Education / Mathematics
- Education and Integrated Science
- Home Economics and Education
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science / Physics
- Industrial Technical Education
- Primary Education Studies
- Technical Education
- Fine And Applied Arts (Double Major)
- Home Economics (Double Major)
- Agricultural Science (Double Major)
Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba Admission Requirements
To gain admission into Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
You must have a minimum of five credits in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO/NABTEB including English Language and Mathematics. Applicants with Teacher Grade II Certificate (TC II) with minimum of 5 credits in the relevant areas of specialization are also eligible to apply.
Applicants must not be less than 16 years of age by October 1st of the year of admission.
For admission into any of the courses offered at Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba, you must obtain:
- A minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE, NECO or NABTEB or equivalent in not more than 2 sittings in the relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- For Technical courses, you need a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE, NECO or NABTEB or equivalent in not more than 2 sittings in the relevant science subjects.
- For Art and Social Science courses, you need a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE, NECO or NABTEB or equivalent in not more than 2 sittings in relevant Art/Social Science subjects.
So you’re considering attending the Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba. That’s great! This college has a lot to offer. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you learn more.
What programs does the college offer?
The college offers a variety of programs in technical and vocational education. Some of the major courses of study include:
- Technical Education
- Business Education
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Science Education
These programs aim to equip students with practical skills and knowledge for employment and entrepreneurship.
What is the admission process?
To gain admission into the Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, and any three other subjects at O’level.
- Apply through JAMB and choose the college as your first choice.
- Sit for the Post-UTME screening test. This includes an aptitude test and an oral interview.
- Meet the cut-off mark for your chosen course. The cut-off marks vary each year based on the number of applicants.
- If selected, you’ll receive information from the college on acceptance and registration.
What facilities are available?
The college has basic facilities to support teaching and learning. Some of the facilities include:
- Classrooms and lecture theaters
- Well-equipped workshops for technical courses
- Science laboratories
- Library and ICT center
- Sports center
- Student hostels
Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba provides a great learning environment for students seeking technical and vocational education. I hope this overview answers some of your questions about the college. Let me know if you have any other questions!