Honjo International Scholarship Overview
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers fully funded scholarships for international college students for session 2023-2024. This scholarship is obtainable for masters and PhD.
Honjo Scholarship supplies monthly allowance, accommodation expenses and Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to supply scholarships to bright students who’re struggling to study under different situations in developing nations as well as to those Japanese students studying abroad;
to help them be taught advanced technologies and enhance their good intentions will serve as a bridge connecting Japan with the rest of the world in culture and mutual friendships.
Honjo International Scholarship Advantages
- ¥200,000 monthly for 1 or 2 years.
- ¥180,000 monthly for 3 years.
- ¥150,000 monthly for 4 or 5 years.
- Travel expenses for attending a global conference, and so forth.
Honjo International Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. The student who doesn’t possess Japanese citizenship
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate college will not be eligible for apply. Nonetheless, student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the student applying for PhD program should have been born after August 31, 1984. Student applying for master’s program should have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student ought to have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation. This doesn’t mean to have employment assured already or to return his / her home nation immediately after graduating the university.
- The student should have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and should attend the events organized by the foundation and participate within the network as an alumni member.
- The student should be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews might be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
- For more information, download the Guidelines from Here.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following important steps to avail Foreign Students Scholarship:
(1) Enter “web application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the following required documents.
- Academic transcript:i) from undergraduate course of the college where you graduated AND ii) any other courses that you’re currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred into the university, the transcript from the previous school is required. All of the candidates should provide at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- A scholarship application form, a resume and a private information form(1 set of three pages); be sure that to attach your photograph to the applying kind. Obtain the above forms offered on the web site. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
- Analysis plan: In Japanese, describe focusing round following 4 points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and targets for the future; iv) analysis you might have conducted in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Both typed or hand-written is available.