UBC International Scholars Program Overview
UBC International The international scholars at UBC have the power to change the course of history.
Excessive academic achievers have excelled in extracurricular activities, expressed a need to affect change worldwide, and are dedicated to supporting their schools and communities.
The International Scholars Program at UBC presents 4 distinguished need-and-merit-based prizes. Every year, UBC grants about 50 scholarships throughout all 4 categories.
When submitting their application, the candidates will not select which award they need to win; instead, their group will automatically consider them for any helpful distinction.
UBC International Scholars Program Advantages
UBC International This award is offered by UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who don’t yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC.
The awards range in value to the total cost of a student’s academic program and living expenses.
- Earn a globally recognized degree at a top university
- Research with the brightest students in the world
- Make the most of unique learning opportunities
- Access dedicated advising and support
UBC International Scholars Program Eligibility
- Must be an international student learning in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Should be getting into UBC from a recognized secondary faculty or transferring from their first year at a post-secondary faculty or another university.
- Will need to have graduated from high school no earlier than one year before the academic year you’re applying to. For instance, applicants for 2023 will need to have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- They have to be applying for their first undergraduate degree.
- Should exhibit superior academic achievement (obtain all As or equivalent standards).
- You need to demonstrate a level of financial need that will otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
(UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International major entrance scholarships and Outstanding international students awards and scholarships, totalling a maximum worth of $25,000 per year.
If this amount doesn’t cover their needs for tuition and basic living bills, they’re eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- Must meet UBC’s admission requirements, together with general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.