Do you want to enroll at TASUED? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode (TASUED) is a state university located in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria. It was established in 2005 as the first University of Education in Nigeria. TASUED has a vision to be a leading University of Education recognized globally for excellence in teaching, learning, research and community service.
TASUED was founded in 2005 by the first civilian governor of Ogun State, Chief Olabisi Onabanjo to address the shortage of teachers in primary and secondary schools. It started with the Faculties of Science, Arts and Social Sciences, offering programs in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, History, and Geography. The university has grown over the years and now has six schools, 21 departments and offers postgraduate programs.
TASUED’s mission is to produce highly motivated, conscientious and efficient classroom teachers, instructors and other educators for all levels of education. It also aims at developing and offering instructional and research programs for the advancement of knowledge and pedagogy. The university encourages the development of effective citizens with skills and competencies for lifelong learning.
With a student population of over 18,000, TASUED has notable alumni across Nigeria and internationally. The university hopes to continue expanding its programs and research in the field of education, preparing teachers and leaders to shape future generations. TASUED remains an important institution in Nigeria’s educational system.
TASUED List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at TASUED:
- PHYSICS / EDUCATION
- AGRICULTURAL PRODUCATION & MGT SCIENCE & EDUCATION
- ADULT EDUCATION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE / EDUCATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES / EDUCATION
- CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COMPUTER SCIENCE / EDUCATION
- EDUCATION & BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION & CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION & ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION & FRENCH
- EDUCATION & INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION & YORUBA
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION & ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION & GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION & MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION & SOCIOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- FINE & APPLIED ARTS
- FINE ARTS / EDUCATION
- GEOGRAPHY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HISTORY AND DIPLOMATIC STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS & HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN KINETICS
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- ISLAMIC STUDIES / EDUCATION
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / EDUCATION
- SECRETARIAL ADMINISTRATION & EDUCATION
- SOCIAL STUDIES
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- TRANSPORT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT & EDUCATION
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
TASUED Admission Requirements
To be admitted into Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED), you must meet the following requirements:
- Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, and any other 3 subjects in SSCE/NECO at not more than 2 sittings. Candidates with Teachers Grade II Certificate with credit/merit in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics may be considered.
- A minimum of lower credit in Mathematics and English is required for Science-based courses while a pass in Mathematics is required for non-Science-based courses. Candidates seeking admission into the University must obtain the prescribed cut-off marks in the relevant subjects.
- Candidates must sit for the University’s Post-UTME screening test. The date for the screening exercise will be announced on the University portal – www.tasued.edu.ng. Only candidates who score 50% and above in the Post-UTME screening test will be considered for admission.
- Candidates must have a minimum score of 180 in the UTME. This may be reviewed periodically by the University.
- Candidates should note that the University does not require nor accept awaiting results. All candidates must have obtained the complete SSCE results at the time of application.
- All candidates will undergo physical screening to determine their health status. Only candidates who are adjudged medically fit will be offered admission.
The application process to gain admission into TASUED typically involves the following steps:
- Purchase the University’s admission form online at the official website or designated bank branches.
- Complete and submit the admission form, ensuring all required information and documents are provided before the deadline. This includes a copy of your credentials, birth certificate, and passport photograph.
- Take the necessary admission screening test, such as UTME. Meet the minimum cut-off mark for your chosen course of study.
- Check admission status on the University website and proceed to accept your offer if admitted.
- Present yourself for screening and registration at the stipulated date with all original credentials.
- Proceed to undertake a medical examination at the University Medical Center.
- Complete your registration by paying the necessary tuition fees.
By meeting these admission requirements and following the application process, you will have the opportunity to become a student at TASUED Best of luck!