Do you want to enroll at Evangel University Akaeze (EUA)? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About Evangel University Akaeze
Evangel University Akaeze (EUA) is a private Christian university located in Akaeze, Ebonyi State in southeastern Nigeria. Founded in 2012, EUA has a strong commitment to academic excellence and spiritual development.
EUA’s campus provides a conducive learning environment with well-equipped lecture halls, science and computer laboratories, a health center, cafeteria, sporting facilities and residential accommodations. Extracurricular activities are also an important aspect of student life at EUA.
Admission into EUA is competitive. Applicants are required to meet the minimum entry requirements and pass an entrance exam. Scholarships and financial assistance are available for qualified students.
EUA faculty are highly qualified in their areas of expertise. Small class sizes allow for close interaction between students and lecturers. EUA collaborates with partner institutions around the world to facilitate student and staff exchange programs.
With a vision to be a leading Christian university in Nigeria and beyond, EUA continues to expand its programs and facilities. EUA alumni can be found pursuing successful careers globally, making a positive impact in their communities.
List of Courses Available in Evangel University Akaeze
Evangel University Akaeze offers students a wide range of courses to choose from. Students can select courses based on their interests and career goals.
Evangel University Akaeze offers undergraduate courses in fields such as:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
Students can pursue Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees in these subjects. Core curriculum courses in areas such as English, history, natural sciences, and Christian studies are also required.
At the postgraduate level, Evangel University Akaeze offers programs leading to Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in select subjects. Some of the postgraduate courses available include:
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Education (MEd)
- English (MA)
- Mathematics (MSc)
- Microbiology (MSc, PhD)
- Philosophy (MA, PhD)
- Theology (MA, PhD)
To gain admission into Evangel University Akaeze, Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Educational Requirements
Applicants must have completed secondary school education and earned the West African Senior School Certificate Examination or its equivalent. Candidates with a minimum of five O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics are eligible to apply.
2. Application Process
To apply for admission, you must complete an online application on the university website or in person at the Admissions Office. You will need to provide copies of your academic credentials, including your WAEC/NECO statement of results, test scores (JAMB, POST-UTME), and a copy of your birth certificate.
3. Aptitude Exams
All applicants are required to take the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board exam (JAMB) and the university’s Post-UTME screening. The JAMB cut-off mark for admission varies by department and is released annually. Candidates who score above the cut-off mark in JAMB and pass the POST-UTME screening are eligible for admission at Evangel University Akaeze.
Some departments may require an additional interview as part of the admission process. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule a date and time. The interview aims to assess your passion and motivation for the program. Be prepared to discuss your relevant experience, interests, and career goals.
5. Acceptance and Registration
If admitted, you will receive an admission letter indicating your department and program of study. To register, you must pay an acceptance fee and provide evidence of payment before the deadline stated in the admission letter. Upon payment of all necessary fees, you will be issued registration documents to officially become a student of Evangel University Akaeze.
To apply for admission to Evangel University Akaeze in Nigeria, you will need to submit an application with the required documents.
1. Application Form
The first step is to complete the application form, which can be found on the university’s official website. Fill in all required personal information, including your full name, address, date of birth, and contact details. You will also need to provide details about your O-Level and A-Level results or equivalent, as well as any work experience.
2. Entry Requirements
To be considered for admission, you must meet the minimum entry requirements for your desired program of study. For most undergraduate programs, you will need a minimum of 5 O-Level credits in relevant subjects, including English Language, and acceptable scores in the UTME. Postgraduate applicants typically need a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum GPA of 2.50 or its equivalent.
3. Supporting Documents
Along with your application form, you will need to submit copies of key supporting documents. These include:
- Original O-Level, A-Level or equivalent examination results
- UTME or direct entry result slip (for undergraduate applicants)
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates (for postgraduate applicants)
- Birth certificate or sworn affidavit
- Reference letters from two referees who can attest to your character and academic ability
- 2 recent passport photographs
4. Application Fee
An non-refundable application fee must be paid before your application will be processed. The fee can be paid online using your debit/credit card or at any of the designated banks. Attach the payment slip or receipt to your application form.
Completed application forms and supporting documents should be submitted online on the university portal or in person at the Admissions Office on campus. Ensure all documents are certified as true copies of the originals before submission. The application deadline for most programs is in July for entry in September. Offers will be made between August and September.
1. What programs does Evangel University offer?
Evangel University Akaeze offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across six colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Music, Theology and Ministry, and Professional Studies. Areas of study include Biology, Computer Science, Nursing, Business Administration, Education, Music, Theology, and more. Evangel also offers online programs for added flexibility.
2. What student organizations and activities are available on campus?
There are many opportunities for students to get involved in extracurricular activities at Evangel. Some options include:
- Student Government Association (SGA): Represents student interests and organizes events.
- Social and Cultural Activities Board (SCAB): Plans entertainment and educational events.
- Intramural Sports: Students can participate in sports leagues and tournaments.
- Ministry and Outreach Teams: Students can join ministry teams that organize outreach and service events locally and internationally.
- Academic Clubs: Clubs are available for most majors and areas of study for students with similar interests.
3. What is campus life like at Evangel?
The campus life at Evangel University Akaeze is vibrant and community-oriented. Some highlights include:
- Chapel Services: Regular chapel services aim to enrich the spiritual lives of students and build community.
- Housing: Students can live in dorms, apartments or theme houses on campus. Community Assistants help build relationships and support students.
- Dining: Multiple dining options are available on campus including a cafeteria, coffee shop, and snack shop.
- Recreation: Facilities include a gym, athletic fields, and a recreation center for fitness and intramural sports.
- Safety: A safe, secure campus environment is maintained through measures like emergency alert systems, security escorts, controlled building access, and 24-hour security.