Do you want to enroll at SSUES? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto (SSUES) has a long and rich history. Founded in 2021, it is one of the first universities of education established in Nigeria to train teachers.
The university was established to meet the shortage of teachers in Northern Nigeria. It aims to produce high quality teachers, educators and administrators through pre-service and in-service training. SSUES offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in education, arts and social sciences.
The university also has institutes for peace, entrepreneurial and leadership studies. Research and community service are an integral part of SSUES mission. The university aims to solve educational problems, influence policy and enhance access to education.
With a vision to become a leading university of education, SSUES continues to build capacity and upgrade facilities to deliver innovative programs. With a long and rich history of developing educators, SSUED is poised to shape the future of education in Nigeria.
SSUES List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses in SSUES:
- Arabic Medium
- Agricultural Science (Double Major)
- Arabic/Islamic Studies
- Biology/Integrated Science
- Business Education
- Chemistry/Integrated Science
- Computer Education/Chemistry
- Computer Education/Geography
- Computer Education/Biology
- Computer Education/English
- Computer Education/Physics
- Computer Science Education/Integrated Science
- Computer Science Education/Mathematics
- Early Childhood Care Education
- English/Social Studies
- English/Islamic Studies
- Fine & Applied Art (Double Major)
- French (Double Major)
- French/Islamic Studies
- French/Social Studies
- Fulfulde/Social Studies
- Geography/Social Studies
- Geography/Integrated Science
- Hausa/Islamic Studies
- History/Social Studies
- Hausa/Social Studies
- History/Islamic Studies
- Home Economics (Double Major)
- Integrated Science/Mathematics
- Integrated Science (Double Major)
- Integrated Science/Physics
- Islamic Studies/Fulfulde
- Islamic Studies/Economics
- Islamic Studies/Social Studies
- Islamic Studies/Geography
- Physical & Health Education (Double Major)
- Primary Education Studies
- Social Studies/Arabic
- Social Studies (Double Major)
- Special Education/Social Studies
- Social Studies/Economics
- Technical Education (Double Major)
SSUES Admission Requirements
To be admitted as an undergraduate student at Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto, you must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, and three other subjects in not more than two sittings in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of Credit passes (C6) in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Must obtain the required cut-off mark for your chosen course of study for that academic year. The cut-off marks are usually released with the admission lists.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of admission.
- Must meet the University’s additional requirement for certain courses. Some courses may require a pass in certain subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
- Admission forms can be obtained from the University’s website or admission office. Completed forms with the required documents and credentials must be submitted before the deadline.
- Payment for the application, acceptance fees, and accommodation fees (if staying in the hostel) should be made promptly to complete your admission.
Meeting the minimum requirements stipulated above does not guarantee admission. Admission is given based on availability of space and consideration of other factors. We wish you the very best in your application and studies should you gain admission into this prestigious university.
As a prospective student, you likely have some questions about Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto. Here are answers to a few frequently asked questions:
What programs are offered at Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto?
Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in education, the arts and social sciences. Some of the programs offered include:
- Bachelors of Arts (Ed) in English, Hausa, History, Geography, Christian Religious Studies, and Islamic Studies
- Bachelors of Science (Ed) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, and Home Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Masters in Education, and Doctor of Philosophy in Education
What is the admission process?
To gain admission into Shehu Shagari University of Education Sokoto, you must:
- Meet the minimum entry requirements which include 5 credits at SSCE, NECO or NABTEB including English Language and Mathematics. For postgraduate programs, you need a minimum of second class lower degree.
- Apply for admission via the school portal – shehushagariuniversity.edu.ng. Upload necessary documents like results, and application fee receipt.
- If offered admission, proceed to accept the offer on the portal, pay required acceptance and school fees before the deadline.
- Attend orientation, screening and registration on the scheduled dates.
- Commence lectures at the start of each semester.