Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
About the Polytechnic
A Private university called Abdu Gusau Polytechnic is situated in Talata Mafara, Zamfara State, along the Sokoto-Zamfara route. The Abdu Gusau Polytechnic is run and managed by the Zamfara state government and is located in northern Nigeria’s Zamfara state.
The law establishing the state-owned polytechnic was signed in 1992 by Malam Yahaya Abdulkarim while he served as Governor of Sokoto State. Four years after Zamfara State split off from Sokoto State, the institution was established.
The rector, Prof. Tukur Adamu, is responsible in running the school. The other key officers are the Registrar, Deans, HOD, Librarian, and other academic and non-academic staff. With a motto like “Technology for Self-Reliance,” it should go without saying that the school places a high importance on it.
The polytechnic accepts students from all around the nation, but the proportion of non-indigenous students continues to be significantly higher than that of indigenous students.
It has a clinic with a modern laboratory that was just installed. However, the majority of students make their own accommodations. Students may use amenities like the school hostel.
The Faculties at Abdu Gusau Polytechnic
The four faculties at Abdu Gusau Polytechnic are:
- Social Sciences
The School provides ND and HND studies and is associated with Usmanu Danfodiyo University in Sokoto. If a candidate satisfies the prerequisites, they will be accepted into one of the postgraduate diploma programs : Public Policy and Administration, Accounting and Finance, Journalism, Biology, Statistics, Information Technology, or Business Administration.
Abdu Gusau Polytechnic and the Federal Polytechnic, Namoda are two polytechnics that are located in Zamfara State. While the Federal Polytechnic, Namoda, is run and funded by the Federal Government of Nigeria, Abdu Gusau Polytechnic is a state-owned polytechnic.
Course Catalog for Abdu Gusau Polytechnic
It is important to note that the list of Courses offered at the Abdu Gusau Polytechnic in Talata Mafara is accredited by the Nigerian Board for Technical Education (NBTE), which guarantees the accuracy of all the material in this site.
- ACCOUNTING TECHNOLOGY
- DESIGN AND ARTS
- FINANCE AND BANKING
- STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS
- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- ELECTRONIC AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE LABORATORY
Visit the school’s website to learn more about these courses in depth.
The requirements for admission to Talata Mafara’s Abdu Gusau Polytechnic are listed below.
Requirements for ND
Entrance requirements for Abdu Gusau Polytechnic, National Diploma (ND)
- The institution requires prospective applicants to have completed their WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE “O” Level with Credit Passes in Five (5) Relevant Subjects, Including English and Mathematics, in No More Than Two Sittings.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- For the Institute of Management and Technology to consider the candidate for internal screening, the candidate must achieve the minimal IMT Enugu departmental cut mark/point in the JAMB UTME.
Requirements for HND
Higher National Diploma (HND) entry requirements for Abdu Gusau Polytechnic
- The candidate must meet the standards below in order to be accepted into the institution’s Higher National Diploma Program:
- An Applicants for a Higher National Diploma must have at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2 in ND program’s National Diploma.
- Candidates with a passing grade and a minimum of two years of post-qualification work experience in the relevant field may be considered for admission in exceptional circumstances.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience is required, as is the possession of five (5%) credit passes in the pertinent O-Level courses in no more than two sittings.
- Admission to all HND programs at the Polytechnic requires a transcript, especially for potential students from other institutions.
HOW TO CHECK THE 2023/2024 ADMISSION LIST FOR ABDU GUSAU POLYTECHNIC, TALATA MAFARA (AGPOLY)
- Visit the AGPOLY admission portal by visiting https://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/Login.
- Please enter your JAMB registration number in the space provided.
- In order to view your AGPOLY admission status, click Search at the very end.
Candidates that has gain Admission into the institution must bring the following (Original credentials) with them when being screened:
- Birth certificate or certificate of indigenous descent
- Scratch Card for results checking
- Two passport-size photos
If your name appears on the Talata Mafara AGPOLY Abdu Gusau Polytechnic’s list of admitted students, congratulations.
How much is the acceptance fee for Abdu Gusau Poly?
The N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) Abdu Gusau Poly acceptance fee for the 2023–2024 academic session is a required, nonrefundable payment for all recently admitted students to the institution.
How much are the freshman tuition costs at Abdu Gusau Poly?
For the 2023/2024 academic year, Abdu Gusau Poly’s freshman tuition is N50,000 (Fifty thousand Naira). This is after paying the departmental, professor, and admittance fees.
How much do indigenous and non-indigenous students at Abdu Gusau Poly pay in tuition?
Both Abdu Gusau Poly natives and non-natives will pay N33,000 in tuition for the 2022–2023 academic year.