Do you want to enroll at Benue State Polytechnic? This article is to enlighten you on the Admission requirements and the courses offered at Benue State Polytechnic.
About the Polytechnic
North Central Nigeria’s Benue State is home to the state-owned, funded, and managed polytechnic. Since its founding in 1976, BENPOLY, as it is affectionately known, has been committed to providing high-quality education in the sciences and vocational training. It is run by the Benue State government.
By providing its students with top-notch educational resources, the polytechnic is also dedicated to expanding the boundaries of business and technology education in Nigeria. Regardless of their cultural roots, the polytechnic accepts students from all around the country and has no religious affiliation. The student body of the college is sizable and diversified.
BENPOLY school fees being state supported is inexpensive going for less than N100,000. For her pupils to have the finest learning experience possible, Benpoly offers a number of facilities, including accommodations, a library, a good road system, and electricity sources, among others. Courses at the Benue State Polytechnic include management, social sciences, engineering, and science.
Benue State Polytechnic Ugbokolo’s course catalog
Any applicants interested in attending Benue State Poly (BENPOLY) are urged to take note of the following list of the courses provided by the school.
- Design and Art
- Business Management and Administration
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical /Electronic engineering
- Computer science
- Estate Administration and Valuation
- Foundry Engineering
- Fashion Design And Apparel technology
- Hospitality Management
- Information and Library Science
- Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Technology in Metallurgical Engineering
- Office Technology And Management
- Science Laboratory technology
- Geo-information and Surveying
National Higher Diploma (Hnd) Courses:
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Administration and Management
- Department of Fine Art
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Printing Technology
- Banking & Finance Department
- Marketing Department
- Office Technology and Management Department
- Civil Engineering Technologies Department
- Department of Preliminary Studies
- Department of Welding & Fabrication Engineering Technology
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Hospitality Management
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Geology Department
- Legal Studies Department
- Department of Local Government and Community Development
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Surveying and Geo-informatics
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Public Accounting/Auditing
- Department of Building Technology
- Department of Architectural Technology
General Entrance Criteria for BENPOLY
1. ND Program Admission Requirements.
Before being offered admission, you must meet the following criteria for admission to Benue State Polytechnic Ugbokolo.
- A minimum of four credits in the SSCE, General Certificate in Education, NABTEB, NECO, and GCE at no more than two sittings, or its equivalent at the credit level, are required for Benue State Polytechnic Courses for ND.
- To be considered for admission to the programs mentioned above, candidates must get the UTME/JAMB cut-off mark of at least 120 in JAMB.
- Applicants are admitted into National Diploma programme either through the pre-ND programme or directly through JAMB.
- Candidates must meet the minimum entry requirements for the program in both cases and must earn the necessary number of credit passes or aggregate.
- Applicants must have at least five O/L Credit Passes in the WAEC, SSCE, and NECO exams.
- To be qualify for admission, candidate must have earned at least required credit in both English language and mathematics on the SSCE.
HND Program Prerequisites for Entrance
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order for an applicant to be given consideration for admission to the school and to enroll in any HND-level courses at the Benue State Polytechnic Ugbokolo;
- Only extraordinary conditions will permit the acceptance of ND at the pass level. Any credential that the Academic Board determines to be adequate would be recognized.
- A potential applicant for the Higher National Diploma must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.50.
BENPOLY JAMB Cut Off Mark 2022/2023
The JAMB cutoff mark for all courses at Benue State Poly during the 2022–2023 academic year is 150 or higher.
Candidates who achieve a score of 150 or more are therefore automatically eligible for the internal screening process, although we must caution you that your chances of securing the course you registered for in your UTME are higher the higher your JAMB score.
Visit the school website for more: https://benpolyonline.edu.ng/