Abia State Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
A complete list of all ABIA POLY courses offered, along with information on admission standards and departmental cutoff marks List of available ND & HND (Full-time & Part-time) courses/programs offered for admission at Abia State Polytechnic, Aba that receive NUC approval.
About the Polytechnic
By Act No. 8 of 1994, which took effect on October 2, 1992, the Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, was formed. Students participating in various Certificate Programs made up the initial intake. The 1994–1995 academic year marked the beginning of the national diploma programs. In the 1999/2000 academic year, the Higher National Diploma Programs were introduced.
South-eastern Nigeria’s Abia State is home to the state-owned Abia State Polytechnic, also known as Abiapoly. Since its founding in 1992, it has worked to become a premier school for educating its students in Technology, Business, Industry, and Entrepreneurship. The university provides its students with both theoretical and practical training.
The student body at the polytechnic is not particularly diverse in terms of religious background, but it is open to all students regardless of the institution’s affiliation with any particular religion. The tuition at Abia State Polytechnic is similarly less than N100K, and because there are no housing options available to them, most of their students reside close to the campus. Courses at the Abia State Polytechnic (ND/HND) span the fields of
- Social Science
- Science and Technology.
ABIA POLY Full Courses, Cut Off Mark, and Prerequisites
Courses at Abia State Polytechnic
Courses at Abia State Polytechnic (All Departments). Are you trying to find the Abia Poly course catalog? The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited the following courses and programs at Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, Abia State: National Diploma and Higher National Diploma.
The extensive list of official courses Abia Poly offers is listed below:
List of Abia Poly Approved Courses
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Geo-Informatics and surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Office Technology and Management
- Public Administration
- Quantitative Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering in Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Food Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Business Administration and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Banking and finance
- Architectural technology
Abia State Polytechnic ND Entrance Criteria
- Applicants must have a minimum of five credits in relevant disciplines, including English and math, from the GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or other recognized equivalents, earned over no more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidate must meet up with the Polytechnic cut off mark
- In the year of admission, applicants must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
- Candidate must Meet the departmental and faculty admission standards of Abia State Polytechnic.
Abia State Polytechnic HND Courses
The following Courses and Programs are offered by Abia State Polytechnic at the Higher National Diploma (HND) level, according to the most recent JAMB admissions booklet.
Business and Management Technology School
- Finance and Banking
- Public Administration and Business Administration
- Management and technology in the office
Engineering Technology School
- Engineering Technology in Civil
- Technology in Computer Engineering
- Technology Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Environmental Design and Technology School
- Construction and building technology
- Estate Administration
- Quantitative Analysis
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Geo information and surveying
Food Science and Technology School
Food Science and Technology
School of Science and Engineering Technology
Only HND level courses are offered in subjects like biology/microbiology and chemistry/biochemistry.
Entrance Criteria for HND Programs at Abia State Polytechnic
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order for an applicant to be given consideration for admission to the program and to enroll in any HND-level courses offered by the Abia State Polytechnic Aba;
- SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O Level’TC 11 with at least two credit-level passes in each of five subjects that are pertinent to the curriculum.
- Moreover, the following requirements must be met also:
(I) the National Diploma program from a recognized institution with a grade not lower than 2.5 CGPA Lower Credit
(ii) a one-year post-ND industrial training in a suitable industry.
- A minimum of 12 months supervised industrial experience