International Student Academic Merit Scholarship Overview
The International Student Academic Merit Awards are given to international college students at the State University of New York College at Geneseo.
This system is available to study within the US during the academic year 2023–2024.
With a GPA of 3.0 or better, the academic scholarship support program for international college students is renewable for up to 4 years.
Packages are open to first-year college students and switch college students. Admission to SUNY Geneseo is a prerequisite for the consideration of worldwide applicants.
International Student Academic Merit Scholarship Advantages
The State University of New York College at Geneseo will present an award amount ranging from $5,000 – $9,000 per year to successful candidates.
International Student Academic Merit Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: All international countries are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Topics: College students can apply to study in an undergraduate program offered at SUNY Geneseo.
- Admissible Standards: To be eligible, the candidates should meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates should be international students applying to SUNY Geneseo for enrollment into an undergraduate program for the summer, fall or spring semester. Scholarship candidates should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- They must have highschool certificates with good academic records.
- The best way to Apply: Applicants should apply for admission to the college’s undergraduate degree program. After that, college students are eligible to apply for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to current the following documents to the university:
- Accomplished Application Form
- Appropriate Academic Records
- Proof of English Proficiency
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Monetary Statement of Support
- Passport ID page photocopy
- SAT/ACT (not required)
- Admission Requirements: Up-to-date official transcripts from all secondary colleges (high schools) you’ve got attended with English translations.
- Language Requirement: The students should submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- The International Admission Committee requires that all students provide proof of their English language abilities.
- Official results from the following English proficiency exams are accepted:
- TOEFL (internet-based minimal score: 75)
- Institution Code: 2540
- IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 overall. No part will be below 6.0)
- PTE (minimum 58)
- iTEP (minimum 3.7)
- MET (minimum 53)
- Eiken Grade Pre-1
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 105)
- Cambridge English
- Skills for English (CEFR B2 w/ Merit)