Do you want to enroll at GSUST? This article has been put together to guide you thoroughly on the necessary information you need before enrolling in the school. In this article, you’ll get to learn about the list of courses offered by this university, and their admission requirements.
About The School
Gombe State University of Science and Technology (GSUST) is a state-owned university located in Gombe, Nigeria. Established in 2017, GSUST aims to advance knowledge and stimulate socio-economic development through teaching, research, and community service.
Gombe State University of Science and Technology provides high quality university education focused on developing human capacity and supporting the socio-economic growth of Gombe State and Nigeria as a whole.
GSUST List of Courses Offered
Below are some of the accredited courses offered at GSUST:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Software Engineering
- Urban and Regional Planning
GSUST Admission requirements
To be admitted as an undergraduate student at Gombe State University of Science and Technology, you must meet certain requirements.
Applicants must have completed secondary school education and possess the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or National Examination Council (NECO) with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and any other relevant subjects for your desired course of study.
Applicants must not be more than 22 years of age at the time of admission. Exceptions may be granted to candidates with higher qualifications.
Registration and Application
Registration and application forms can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office by paying a non-refundable fee. Completed forms must be submitted before the deadline along with certified copies of your academic credentials, birth certificate, and a recent passport photograph.
All applicants may be required to take an aptitude test to determine their ability and suitability for the proposed course of study. The University administers its own aptitude test.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview. The interview panel will assess the candidates and their motivation and enthusiasm for the course.
Gombe State University of Science and Technology seeks to admit qualified candidates with the motivation and capability to achieve academic success. If you meet the admission criteria and are committed to your education, we encourage you to apply.
The Gombe State University of Science and Technology receives many inquiries from prospective students and their parents. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
What are the Admission Requirements?
To be admitted into Gombe State University of Science and Technology, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 5 O’level credits including English Language, Mathematics and 3 other relevant subjects obtained in not more than 2 sittings.
- Attain the minimum cutoff mark for your chosen course of study in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The cutoff mark varies each year according to the number of applications.
- Apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) website. Application forms are not sold onsite at the university.
Are there any Scholarships and Financial Aid?
- The university offers scholarships and financial aid to students based on academic merit and financial need. Details on how to apply for scholarships are on the university’s website.
- Private organizations also offer scholarships and grants to students of the university. Information on these opportunities can be obtained from the university’s student affairs department.
The university aims to provide world-class education to students from diverse backgrounds. Do not hesitate to contact the university directly for any additional questions you may have. The future is bright at Gombe State University of Science and Technology!